Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 06:33 PM
    About Warts
    I was viewing the thread about warts and such and had a question of my own (sorry, I didn't want to commit the thread stealing crime :p).

Are all warts caused by HPV? Or just genital warts? I have never in my life had a genital wart, but I have had a Plantar's wart on my pinky toe. Does that mean I have HPV?

I am kind of freaked out after reading that other thread. I thought I just got the wart from my shoes being to tight or something along those lines.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I had planters warts too many times to count when I was in grade school and never had the HPV. My daughter never had a wart in her life and she got the HPV. The HPV warts can lead to infertility but she got the HPV taken care of and now she is pregnant. I have had friends who can not get pregnant because of the HPV warts.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Oh good for your daughter! I'm happy for her!

I'm having a hard time understanding what warts come from where, or if they all come from the same source. When I was younger people told me warts came from touching frogs :p
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2007, 06:22 PM
    All warts are from a sometimes less severe form of HPV, or infections which are directy related. However, having a wart on your toe is nothing to worry about. You probably don't have HPV.
    wallarookiller Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 06:27 PM
    No hpv is a specific type of warts consisting of a hundred or so different strains. All warts are not caused by hpv. But hpv can lead to warts in other areas such as the throat and sometimes stomach anal and hands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of warts [ 11 Answers ]

I have a wart on my right palm I'm currently getting rid of. I don't know what kind of wart it is. At the moment I'm using the acid and then sticking a plaster over it to kill it off methods. Just wanted to know anyone's advice or opinions on getting rid of warts and how long it takes, etc. ...

Genital warts [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to get genital warts without having sexual intercourse ?

Warts on heal [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has 2 warts beside each other on his heel. What is the best way to get rid of these. He has recently tried Compound W... anything better out there? No idea where they came from - but present for the past few weeks.

Genital Warts? [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently noticed one small bump "down there". I've searched the web for an answer to what it might be but I need more specific advice before I see a doctor. It is perfectly round, smooth, flesh colored, and painless. It doesn't itch, smell or seem to be growing in size. And most importantly......

Warts are taking over my life as well as my fingers! [ 3 Answers ]

About a year ago I developed extra skin on the side on my ring finger; this then also appeared on my index finger. I used to bite at them hoping they would come off but they seemed to become bigger and a new one formed. I made an appointment with the doctor and was told that they were warts and I...

View more questions Search