Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brubojacru Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Daman.exe downloading error
    While trying to download video driver from nVidia I get error in both Firefox and Internet Explorer - "daman.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services. Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x12f8 (4856), Thread id=0x175c (5980). Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application." Selecting cancel results in another error message. Browser hangs and has to be closed. What is daman.exe and how do I fix this?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 10, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Apparently you have this installed :

Download Accelerator Manager (DAM), Website Ripper Copier - Home

It's my guess that Firefox and/or IE cannot coexist with this software (at least not the versions of browsers you have) when downloading files. I would uninstall the accelerator software first and then try to update your browsers with the latest updates and then download your video driver.
    brubojacru Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Thanks! Both browsers are up to date, but uninstalling DAM fixed the problem immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is daman.exe? [ 1 Answers ]

I used a dail up internet connection through my cell phone.. one day I download a freeware.. and since then I cannot download any file from internet.. there's a pop up namely daman.exe.. say bla.bla.. (don't remember what it say).. error.. could some one help me?

Something keeps automatically deleting the exe I'm downloading [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to install cashfiesta toolbar which is considered adware. First time norton catched it but I managed to get norton to leave it alone and I was able to install it. After restarting, the exe was gone, I downloaded it again but it just keeps getting deleted right after the download is...

Dig Cam Downloading Error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I am new to this site... and I need help! (PLEASE) Here is my issue: I attempted to download images from my dig cam the other day... the PC no longer recongises it. Driver has disappeared. Tried to install it from the Sony cd rom given to me with the cam. Does it, but PC still doesn't...

Error Message while downloading [ 1 Answers ]

Asked the experts: I tried to download some files when I clicked the link and the pop-up window appear and display an error message as below, how to solve this problem? CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. Please help

View more questions Search