Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wyzewoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation?
    I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have noticed my gums are a blackish blue color around where the crown meets my gums. I am also having pain around that tooth. I recently also started having pains similar to gallbladder disease and after having several tests done (sonogram and ultrasound) I was told that I didn't have any gallstones but that my gallbladder was only functioning at 16% capacity. The Dr. told me that the next step was to have my gallbladder removed and that he could only give me a 70% guarantee that this would eliminate my pain. I have not had my gallbladder removed because I am not certain what is causing it and I continue to have this pain and I wanted to know if there is any testing to conclude if it is the tooth with the faulty crown that is causing this pain and what I should do about this problem?
    kamiller Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Your bite is definitely too high... did you have a preventative root canal treatment on this tooth prior to the crown placement? Did the tooth have an amalgam (silver) filling prior to the crown as this will leave what is called an almagam tattoo on the gums (not a problem) also depends on what kind of crown your have.. if its procelain fused to metal.. could be the metal that is sometimes seen at the gumline... GO BACK TO YOUR DENTIST AND HAVE HIM FIX THIS PROBLEM... OR CALL THE RCDS IF YOUR IN CANADA TO COMPLAIN
    kamiller Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Ps... if Your Having Pain That Is Because The Nerve Inside The Tooth Is Dying And You Probably Need Antibiotics Before You Have An Abscess. The Nerve Is Dying Because If The Bite Is Too High You Have Inflamed The Nerve Every time You Bite Down On It... or The Crown Placement Has Caused The Nerve To Die.. not The Fault Of The Dentist... the Tooth Must Have Been In Bad Shapt To Render A Crown To Try To Save It From Further Break Down
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:10 PM
    I doubt the tooth has anything to do with the gallbladder. I had mine out and it was the best thing I ever did. Had outpatient surgery and they went in through my bellybutton. Had it done on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday.

I would find a different dentist. He doesn't seem to know what he is doing.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Wyzewoman agrees: I feel this opinion on having his gallbladder taken out might have changed my mind about having mine removed. Emland, Have you noticed any thing different since you had your gallbladder removed?

I haven't experienced any trouble. I had a tubal ligation done at the same time. It was the best two-fer ever!
    msary80 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 05:27 PM

A comprehensive guide to tooth pain and the sinuses, with information on causes and treatments.
    Tooth pain causes and treatments
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 05:46 PM

Your tooth pain has nothing to do with the gallbladder. If there IS infection in the tooth the infection could affect the rest of your body. I'd go back to the dentist, have him/her adjust your bite until you can chew comfortably. You should notice a difference while you are in the chair. If you must, have him/her take the crown right out of occlusion so you aren't hitting on it when you chew.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Mar 24, 2009, 11:00 PM

The tooth is probably dead and you need a root canal. It MAY be the bite (unlikely at this point) but when a tooth dies the bone at the tip of the root becomes inflamed and pressure will hurt. No connection between gall bladder and crown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain after extraction [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled about 5 days ago, 3 days after the extraction a tooth on the same jaw(lower) started to hurt, the tooth that was pulled was the very back tooth (bottom) the tooth that is now in pain is a front (lower) tooth. Is this related to the extraction? Or what!

Tooth crown pain [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cavity year and half ago and the dentist that I used to go to just looked at it and cleaned the cavity and put some fillings in there. Then when I came back for another checkup, he was start working on the cavity teeth like I needed a root canal and made my teeth short so he can put a...

Tooth pain [ 1 Answers ]

My wife had a tooth they gave her pain 20 years ago, the dentist Wanted to pull it. But she refused. Since then the tooth never has Pained her or given her trouble. With me I have a tooth pain, that comes and goes, or remains Mild until I drink hot or cold drinks. Why the difference...

Tooth pain for over 6 months [ 4 Answers ]

Hi hope someone can offer me some advice. Went to my dentist over 6 months ago for a filling. He thought it would probably need a crown, then decided to have a go at a filling. All went wrong and I was in pain after 10 minutes. He decided to try root canal treatment (back molar next to wisdom...

View more questions Search