Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Simple syrup
    How do you make simple syrup and how long does it keep?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Simple syrup is sugar cooked down in water. One only makes small amounts and is usually made on the spot to serve one particular recipe.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the reply. How much sugar? How much water. Cook how hot for how long? I'm illerate in cooking terms and in the kitchen.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Here is an easy recipe for simple syrup from AllRecipes.com

INGREDIENTS
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup water

DIRECTIONS
    In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.

If you want to look for other syrup recipes, just browse through the links posted on the Google page - simply syrup recipe - Google Search
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Thank you. Sounds "simple"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple possession [ 3 Answers ]

My son was charged with Simple Possession of Marijuana. He was in a car with other kids when they got pulled over for not using a blinker. The boy in the front seat passed the joint they were smoking into the backseat to my son. He then threw it out the window. Nobody was charged but my son, the...

Simple conversation [ 5 Answers ]

I SUCK AT IT! Unless there is a topic (silly or serious) I have a hard time holding a conversation. An example is when somebody comes and sits by me while I'm eating breakfast and says "what's up?". They don't always want a conversation but when they do what do I say other than "nothing, how did...

Simple pimple? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, OK, I got this painfull pimple right between my eyebrows which went away after about a week or so. Now, there's only a bump left. Its not painful at all but slighty pink and its just driving me crazy! It won't go away, its been like 3 weeks since it was a pimple! Can anybody help me?...

Advil and Cough Syrup [ 1 Answers ]

My ovulation started on the 5-9th of dec my husband and I had sex all through.On Sunday the 10th I was down with a flu the doctor prescribed advil for me and cough syrup.I have been taking it though,I want to know if is okay can it affect me conceiving

Maple syrup biscuits [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to make biscuits with maple syrup. Has any of you a recipe ? Thanks

View more questions Search