Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Oct 9, 2007, 02:42 PM
    AIM Issues!
    Ok I'm having AIM problems. First off I have an HP pavilion laptop with a built in web cam. I was using AIM to talk to a friend with the same computer. She has AIM too. Well it would connect but my camera would not turn on. There is a little blue light that comes on when it is on. She could not see anything I could see her, and we could hear each other. Well after several attempts. I un-installed AIM and Re-installed it. My light came on and it's like a picture in the view of my camera it doesn't change just like it took a picture but she still could not see anything. Then a few attempts later I couldent see her. So I'm at a lost any suggestions would be great!

An other question. Can you message Yahoo messenger and hotmail windows messenger with AIM?

Thanks!
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 06:05 AM
    This is one of the problems that can't be linked to one solution, but I'll start by asking you a question. What happened before this started?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 10, 2007, 07:12 AM
    As the built in cam ever worked? Did you configure it?

And no, you can't connect using AIM to Yahoo or MSN, you might want to take a look at Trillian, which can front end all the services. You still have to have an account on each service, but you can use one client software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aim of life [ 25 Answers ]

I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.

Aim a Setellite dish. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello - does anyone know how to properly aim a satellite dish. I have a dish from Dish network that is supposed to be able to tune in 3 separate satellites without moving the dish. I have made sure the dish mount is perfecty level horizontally and vertically before hooking up the dish. I then...

Aim and Internet! [ 1 Answers ]

My aim used to sign on fast and now its slow because of my connection. Everything is plugged in right. I have DSL. What's going on? Most of my stuff is on a separate hard drive too.:confused:

Aim disconnecting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a university and am on a lan connection... about 2 or 3 weeks ago my aim started to disconnect me... at first it was just after I was idle for a long period, now if I am away from my computer for like 2 minutes I get disconnected... I have ran spy-bot, ad-aware, and my virus scanner......

View more questions Search