Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Windows Defender: "You Haven't Scanned."
    Every few days I get an error message from Windows Defender (in Vista HP) that I haven't scanned the computer in (now 16) days and suggesting that I schedule a daily scan. But further down the message itself says that a daily "quick" scan is scheduled for 2AM. That must be the default; of course the machine is never on at that time so I don't know whether it can work. But I do know I have scanned it manually as well at least twice in the last 2 weeks when I got the same error message. Still, I just checked the history and it's empty. Any ideas? Thanks.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 06:48 AM
    This might be a software bug, which window defender can answer.
    Rob Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    This might be a software bug, which window defender can answer.
    I don't understand. Is there something I should do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor starts up until after windows xp loading then says "no Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, last night my friend came round with his laptop an we watched a film using my monitor. I turned off my computer, unplugged the monitor an plugged it into his laptop, we watched the film fine, he went home. Next day in the morning I went to turn my comuter on, it loaded up until just after the...

Is "windowssystem32lsass.exe" a virus or not? [ 4 Answers ]

Good day.:) After I log-on to my user account this message pop-up "C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe cannot be located. Please specify a specific location at the Search button". After I click the Ok button, the toolbar "Run" was deleted. However, if I log-in in a different user, the "Run" toolbar is...

Windows baloney! "Safely Remove Hardware" [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a Seagate external hard drive that removes just fine from my laptop, but here at my office I get the message "The devie 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later." When I click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon. I've googled it to death...

Windows xp" Help and Support Services" not found [ 1 Answers ]

On clicking Help and Support in startup menu an error messege appears"Windows cannot find 'helpctr.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again.To search for a file,click the Start button, and then click Search."I searched and found the files at...

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

View more questions Search