Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emjay6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 08:58 AM
    How can I dye my hair red by taking out my black without damaging my hair?
    Hi
    I currently have black dyed hair, with bleached streaks, that were red and are now back to blonde.
    I really want to dye my hair all over bright red, but I don't want to bleach all my hair for fear of totally killing it, are there any cheats I can use to get my permanent black out without having to wait for my hair to grow out?
    Thanks!:)
    loisregardless Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 11:39 AM
    If your hair is dyed black or even natural black you cannot go red with zero damage... the best way to do it is to lighten first with powder lightener mixed with 30 vol crème peroxide. Only lighten to a rusty red color, then you can apply the shade or red you want. For your red use a demipermanent color ro avoid further damage... you can even use a semipermanent color such as Jazzing or Manic panic, from Sallys. If you apply the semipermanent to dry hair and put a plastic cap over it, then heat it with your dryer, let it cool comepletely and leave it at least 30 minutes, then rinse with cool water, this will give you the best and least damaging results and your color will last a month or before it needs to be refreshed.
    moonlight225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 07:39 AM

Okay my ? Is the same as her but what I wanted to know they told me that I could color my hair and use 160 auburn red, from revlon so I don't know if it would make my hair red but I having been wanting my whole hair that color. And I did dye it black about six months then had red highlights put in about 3weeks ago will these work ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

I used PERMANENT Black hair dye one my hair. [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get it out ASAP?? Peroxide DOES NOT WORK! And I need answers that I can try at home... :confused:

Black dye over red highlighted hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium to dark brown hair and a few weeks ago I highlighted it. It left blondish white streaks in my hair. Then, I used a permanent dye and tried to dye it a golden blonde. It ended up red. I didn't mind that so much, but where I had put in the highlights before it was lighter...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

View more questions Search