Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicole98 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Oct 9, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Welfare Fraud
    If you are living with someone and the house is in someone else's name and you are collecting welfare, food stamps, medical assistance etc. IS that considered fraud since there is another form of income coming in that the state is not recognizing. Please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Depends on the requirements for welfare in your area. Generally however, its based on household income, so if there is income that is not being reported it could be fraud.
    Nicole98 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Oct 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
    I live in RI and I thought you had to list who is living with you .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Talk to your case worker

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welfare Fraud [ 2 Answers ]

I have been convicted of welfare fraud. Yes it is true, i did commit this crime. I never thought it was this serious. I always thought if they paid you too much money you had to pay them back. I never knew you could go to jail for this. They are a lot of people that commit this same crime. Only...

Welfare Fraud Felony type [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what type of Felony Welfare Fraud is? I was charged with it 16 years ago. I am looking to expunge my records to pursue better employment. Thanks Cma

Daughters welfare [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 17month old daughter and up until January 2007 the mother and I were very close. She is an alcoholic. I have reason to believe that she drinks to cope with some abuse that happened to her, this is a little sketchy though. I would have married her but I found it difficult to cope with...

Bd on welfare [ 1 Answers ]

The father of my children beat me to file custody papers, now even though he does not have full custody. I have my kids every weekend and in the minute order the judge said who ever had the kids at the time supports them. Well he has been on welfare for quite a while now and I just learned that...

View more questions Search