Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xtexman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Getting x-girlfriend Out?
    I live in the state of Maryland. I own my own home. She has never paid anything on the Mortgage. How can I get an X-girfriend to leave. xtexman
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2007, 07:15 AM
    How long has she lived there? Did you have any formal agreement? Has she paid any rent or financially contributed to the household at all?

Most likely you will have to go through a formal eviction process if she refuses to leave.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Scott is correct. To speed things along go out and buy beer, hard boiled eggs and beans. Eviction may take 30 days so why not make it interesting.

Oct 9, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply. We were in a relationship for eight years. There was never any kind of formal agreement. I bought this home and only my name is on the mortgage. We have never mingled our moneys. She has her accounts and I have mine. I have always paid all the utility bills and so forth. She has for the most part bought most of the food. There are no children involved only a dog and cat. Which we have agreed she will take with her because she has paid the vet bills. We put an end to this relationship over a month ago, she has packed a lot of her things saying she is going to leave but has told me it's going to be at least another month. Needless to say it's not pleasant to come home after work. Can you tell me about the formal eviction process? xtexman
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2007, 08:40 AM
    You need to check with the local court for what the process is. But you will definitely need to go through it. However, it appears she is willing to move, but just hasn't found a place yet. So my recommendation would be to stick it out.

Generally the first step is a formal notice terminating the landlord/tenant relationship. Unless termination is due to non-payment or other lease violations (which doesn't appear to be the case), you would have to give 30 days notice. If not out by that time, you have to get the court to issue a vacate order. Usually such an order gives them 3-7 days to vacate. It may involve a hearing. If the vacate order is ignored you can petititon the court for an eviction order where you hire a sheriff to remove her things.

Oct 9, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Thanks Scott! xtexman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend and I, broke up about 2 months ago. Since then we still talk daily, mainly because of me. I want to be with her, and have told her that. Also I have told her that I realise the mistakes that I made in the past, and I do. She is talking, or getting ready to start dating another man....

My ex has a new girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 28 years old, and I broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago. At that time I just loved him and I was scared of the love he was showing me. I had never experiences it before with any of my past boyfriends. When we broke up I knew I broke his heart, but we both said we would still be friends....

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

Ex girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

OK so here's the story, me and my ex girlfriend have been broken up for about a mont after a 5 month relationship. After the break up she said she never wants anything to do with me so what I do I call, and call, and call and all that does is drive her away, after this she says she wants even less...

Ex girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble with an ex girlfriend. When I was 17 I went out with this girl for about 18months and it was our first love, it ended when she went to university and I was getting jealous about her being out all the time, and I suppose I was a bit obsessed. It took me quite a while to...

View more questions Search