Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashbrae3 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Signing parental rights over
    The father of my child does not come around and hasn't paid child support. I want to know how I can get his name off the birth certificate and him to sign his rights over. I need to know how I go about doing that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Have you checked over the hundreds of similar threads on this site? The answers are already posted.

The basic answers are you can't involuntarily terminate his rights. And what advantage do you think that would have for you?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 04:07 PM
    As Scott said... there are a lot of threads on this topic that will answer most of your questions.

Unless the bio father is WILLING to, AND you have someone to adopt the child in his place... there is really nothing you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over parental rights [ 7 Answers ]

How do you go about getting someone to sign over their parental rights? My sons father has really had nothing to do with him since he was born he didn't even show up to the hospital until he was about 36 hrs old and he lives 5 minutes away from the hospital.. I don't receive child support, he has...

Signing over parental rights [ 5 Answers ]

I want my ex to sign over rights to our 6 month old son. My ex is rarely around, he's in and out of jail anyway. I don't want him to pop up years down the road and disrupt my sons life. I think he would agree to sign over his rights- but because of a court order we do not communicate. How do I go...

Signing your parental rights away [ 6 Answers ]

I 17 pregnant.. father is 21... what happen if he wants to sign he's parental rights away... what will this intitle

Signing over parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been paying child support for a while, however because he lost a job and was out of work the mother ( who has a dual income) reports that she has not been receiving payments. After going to the courts to petition for money, she calls and ask why she had not received payments? Of...

Signing off Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

What are the legal details and steps in signing off parental rights? I had a sexual relationship with a woman and she got pregnant. There is nothing more to the relationship, but she wants to make it a relationship. I don't. She has had abortions before and I am in no way pressuring her to do so....

View more questions Search