Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gecho65 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Router network
    I have a router with one usb and one ethernet port can I still make a network with two computers and a shared internet connection?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:00 AM
    I would imagine that the USB port is for a device such as a printer or an external hard drive. If the router is not wireless and has only one ethernet port then only one computer can be connected to it which doesn't make much sense. What is the make and model of that router?
    gecho65 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Actually I can connect the PC through the usb and use the net... us robotics usr9112
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Ah, I see, that's your ADSL modem. It looks like this I assume. Then yes, if you currently have your computer on the USB connection then you can add a second computer on the ethernet port.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My router [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how can I put security onto my wireless router

A router Q [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get internet on my desktop from a router??

Setting up router [ 1 Answers ]

Guys, Am setting up a wireless router for for my laptop. I wish to make the laptop the main computer for reading emails etc. Although I will load the software onto my PC. My ? Is will email go to both computers or only one, I.E. the PC as software will be loaded onto it?

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

Router [ 3 Answers ]

How to setup a wireless router? Say I have about 10 pcs.

View more questions Search