Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ratna Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Engineering need heelp!
    Hello everyone!

My name is Ratna and I wanted to ask something about engineering. I am not sure if its necessary to take Further Maths in A Levels if I want to attend Engineering in the university.

Thank you very much.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Contact the Engineering school ( university) you plan on attending or just contact severrl and see what they require, normally for enginering there is no such thing as too much math.

Oct 9, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Contact the Engineering school ( university) you plan on attending or just contact severrl and see what they require, normally for enginering there is no such thing as too much math.
    Hey... thanks for the answer... :) are u doing engineering as well?
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Oct 13, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratna
    Hello everyone!

My name is Ratna and I wanted to ask something about engineering. I am not sure if its necessary to take Further Maths in A Levels if I want to attend Engineering in the university.

Thank you very much.
    You also have to think about which engineering field you are going into. An electrical engineer handles certain mathematical applications that an a chemical engineer wouldn't even see.

Oct 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmagnetic
    You also have to think about which engineering field you are going into. An electrical engineer handles certain mathematical applications that an a chemical engineer wouldn't even see.
    Hello... I will be doing civil engineering...
    junrosauro Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratna
    Hello everyone!

Thank you very much.
    Math requirement for engineers will cover calculus which includes basic differential and integral equations. Higher level math is typically discipline specific. Laplace transform and higher differential equations are needed for electronic and electrical engineering disciplines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

89 Honda CRX repeats 4 blinks ecu- Heelp mee(txgreasemonkey) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there, My 89 CRX starts right up, but it won't rev past 2500-3000 RPM, it starts missing. Engine issue light stays on. 4 blinks then a pause, then 4 blinks and it repeats that pattern in ECU. Cars runs very hot almost as if it's running lean, water temp is fine. If I hold the engine...

I want slimmer arms and legs! PLEEEEASE Heelp [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so ii wanto get real thin arms and legs but I'm worried if I do lunge's and crunches and stuff it will make me get muscle and make my arms&legs fatter? So can I do any exercises (at home) to thinnin my arms and legs but not gain muscle thou? Pleassseee help!

View more questions Search