Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kab1200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Shower handles
    Hi, I need to replace my shower handles which are very old and cruddy. They are held on by one screw and there is a cap that goes over the screw, indicating hot, cold, and diverter. I tried to unscrew them and pull them off, but they are really stuck and one of them I could not even unscrew the screw. I believe they have a lot of calcium build-up or whatever. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Kab1200: THe little cap in the center that says hot , cold, they just pop out , I usely use my pocket knife. . Then take a #2 phillips screw driver ,stick in center ,turn screw counter clockwise, remove handle then replace with new handle. IF you have trouble removeing the screws , take a hacksaw and cut handle off carefully ,then take visegrip pliers and try to remove screws. They will sometimes break off then it's usely a new faucet. I have used a easyout to remove a screw.. HOPE I have helped if I have ,Rate my answer Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Shower Faucet Handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a newbie so forgive me if this has been answered. I have an older Central shower faucet with three knobs. I am trying to remove the Hot & Cold water knobs to replace the washers, but after removing the "end" screws the handles will not come off. I tried forcefully but with caution...

Shower Diverter - Hot/cold handles hard to turn [ 4 Answers ]

My shower has the standard 3 (not sure of brand) valve set up. All of the valve handles are very hard to turn and I am wondering is there a way of loosening any part of the stems to reduce the tension? I am not sure but I think a long time ago I read that when the stems are installed in a closed...

Handles for shower broken [ 2 Answers ]

The handles on the shower are broken. There is cold water running constantly. The center piece on the cold valve is broken off and the handle is off the hot water. There is a metal cover that is over top the handle that sits on the tile wall and had caulking around it. Do I need to remove this to...

Love Handles [ 3 Answers ]

How do you get rid of love handles? I hate mine! Thanks! :)

Shower was leaking from handles/I replaced and now it won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a replacement kit for a shower with leaking handles. I made sure to buy the same bonnets and seats. I changed everything out. Now it does not work at all. No water comes out of the shower head. The diverter does not leak at all but the water comes out of the shower handles only. I...

View more questions Search