Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrniceguy123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Head and face changed shape
    Ive lost over 40 pounds and currently weighing 136 lbs but I don't see how that could affect my head and face.

For the past year Ive wore a cap (which was very tight), I think that could be a reason why my head and face has changed shape.

It has changed in the sense that my head and face was very round, and now it looks very long especially when I am inches from the mirror.

My parents have noticed this but I know they don't want to embarrass me.

This is very strange to me and probably to whoever is reading this but I don't know what to do and would feel really stupid discussing it with my GP.

I am 20 years old and I used to be really proud of my appearance but this is not the case now. I have become very paranoid and Im really counting on an answer. I hope you can help.

Ive been looking at old pictures and its really a different person in those photos. People who haven't seen me in a while are saying Ive changed, they don't say I look ugly but I know that's what they mean. I really don't suit a long head and face, its just not me
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Is the weight that you weigh now what you would like to weigh? I also want to ask, did you lose the weight on purpose or did/do you have something wrong with you that caused you to lose the weight?
    mrniceguy123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 08:19 PM
    This is not my ideal weight, I was much happier at 180 lbs. I was taking street drugs for some time and the weight just dropped. I have been off them for 12 months now and plan never to get involved with the company I was in again.

My face did become frail and weight was lost in my face when I was using drugs but it was not long, it was still round.

I cannot understand why my head and face became like this apart from the tight cap doing it.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
    I am glad that you have decided to quit taking the drugs you were.

I would suggest first seeing your GP for a check-up and diagnosis. There may be something more going on with you. I would also tell him or her what drugs you were taking and for how long. You don't have to be afraid to discuss it with your GP. It's best not to be guessing here. We are not doctors here. Even if one of us was, it would be foolish and irresponsible for us to be coming up with any possible diagnosis without first seeing you. We are talking about your life! Please get to your GP.

Your GP can also advise you as to whether you are at a safe, healthy weight for your height and body frame/type what foods you should be eating, etc.

Concerning weight lose in general, when you lose that much weight, it is normal to lose some around the facial area. I lost close to 70 pounds about four years ago. The double chin was gone. No more "love handles" on the sides of my waist. My cheeks were thinner. I felt great! But, the thing is, that you don't. I would like you to feel better! Please see your GP as soon as possible!

Concerning second guessing what friends are saying. None of us can truly read another person's mind. You don't really know what they are thinking. You are uncomfortable with the weight you are at and it makes you self-conscious. That is normal.

Please see your GP! Thank you!
    sov07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Can I just ask how did the person that commented above loose the weight because I have wanted to loose weight for ages but I don't want to cut out everything I love I know a lot I will have to but surely I can still it some treats ?
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sov07
    Can i just ask how did the person that commented above loose the weight because i have wanted to loose weight for ages but i dont want to cut out everything i love i know alot i will have to but surely i can still it some treats ?
    Hi, Stephanie!

You're sixteen, correct? According to weight charts, do you weigh what you should for your age and body type?

To answer your question though, I lost the weight that I did by, almost all of the time and not every time, just most of the time, not buying or eating any food that contained over 4 grams of fat and that contained very little sugar. I also tried to be as active as possible, exercised and road a bicycle. I lost the weight over a period of a year-and-a-half.

Now whether the regimen as far as what I ate is concerned, I don't know that my regimen would be the healthiest for you, since I don't really know what the dietary requirements are for a girl your age. It may be that you might really need to be eating some of the things that I avoided. I don't really know. I would consult a physician or your school nurse about that. Maybe a gym or health class teacher might also know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really Out of Shape [ 4 Answers ]

I played badminton yesterday and after 10 minutes I was breathing heavily and ready to pass out. What are some ways I can get into shape before the end of the month?

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

Tyring to get in shape [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm trying to get into shape. Over the year pretty much I let myself go. I'm 6 foot, 190 pounds and my goal is to be around 170. I also want to build more muscle. I have a beer belly and a larger chest than most other guys. Until recently, I've pretty much been eating...

Lump on back of the head and birthmark/face [ 2 Answers ]

My baby is 9 months old. One day I was feeling on the back of her neck I felt a lump on the back of her head near her ear. Could this be serious. Should I take her to see her pediatric? One more thing, my daughter has a birthmark/mole on her face, could this be cancer?

Advice on face shape and cut [ 1 Answers ]

I just wondered if you would be able to give me some advice on my face shape and what sort of haircut is best for my face shape , I have added a picture to show you what my usual style is like which I like a lot but I don't know whether I could have something similar but that makes my face look...

View more questions Search