Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loriz Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 05:18 PM
    Izio Trojan
    Hi I'm the computer dummy with the Aurora Popup prob. I downloaded webroot (Thanks) It keeps telling me I've got this Izio Trojan in memory please walk me through ridding this blanetyblank.
    I'm so tired and frustrated I wrote to Microsoft and they sent a (Pro) to help me but you wouldn't even know they read my Email, I got this big generic answer!
    Almost ready to give up here in CA...

Jan 17, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Stuck on Izio
    Did you get a reply. I've had this for months and have used several spy programs to remove it without success. Spykiller gets completely bogged down when it gets to Izio in the removal process.

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
    I find the internet quite lacking in info on Izio:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100...an&btnG=Search

I'd run a good Antivirus app, then Spybot.

If that does not work, I would backup docs and reformat the hard drive.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jan 20, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Go to:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym

Click the GO button, then under Virus Detection, click Start. You might be told that you need to download and install ActiveX Contols for the scan to work, answer Yes.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: http://sarc.com/ and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually.

I would suggest downloading Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4, a program that removes spyware, available from:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,22262,00.asp

Once installed, enable Tea Timer. Open the Spybot Search & Destroy, click the "+" sign next to Tools on the left side of the screen, click System Startup, then on the right side of the page check HK_CU Run Spybot Tea Timer.

The Resident TeaTimer is a new tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options, how to deal with this process in the future.

Check for updates before running. If you have trouble getting the updates, near the top of the Update Window, click the little arrow next See-Cure #1(Europe), highlight the next one on the list, See-Cure #2 and try to download the updates. If that doesn't work, try the next one the list. Until you get one you can download from. Being a free program, if too many people are using the same site to download the updates, some people will not get them.

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    jamesrbtcavanagh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 12:07 PM
    These sound like the first useful suggestions I have heard.

I really appreciate your effort to help. I will try these this weekend.

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Download Trojan... [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have had a virus on my computer for some time now and I knew where it was and never was able to get it removed, I didn't worry about it too much because it didn't seem to be doing much to my comp[uter and because I have spyware doctor, norton corporate, ad aware, search and destroy...

Trojan. ByteVerify- I need help please! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have encountered this trojan and it seems to be working hard to avoid deletion. MW 2000-5.00.2195 Service Pack 4 Intel (R) Celeron CPU 1.80 Ghz Dell Dimension 2300 The additional bugs found by Ad-Aware are: Beyond.Class

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Help Annoying Trojan! [ 5 Answers ]

I was playing GTA::SanAndreas when my northern antivirus show the "deleted virus pop up"... it is very annoying... I could not get rid of it... Then as I got to know it better through forums.. I learned that it was a varible virus that is never ending.. then in the 2nd day, I ran all my AVs and...

Downlaon trojan [ 2 Answers ]

I have Norton 2005 which I have ran. It detected the download trojan virius but it can't or won't remove it. I am updated on the latest viriuses please help. I use windows ME.

View more questions Search