Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Cramping in Early Pregnancy
    Okay so I took Clomid 50 mg days 5-9 of my period last month. I just found out Saturday that I am PREGNANT!! I am really excited, but I keep having mild cramp like pains. I know that it's not implantation cramps, because that's already happened. I have read on the internet that it's completely normal and I don't have any bleeding or anything like that, so my question is... is it NORMAL or should I be worried?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 01:40 PM
    First of all, let me congratulate you!!

Now, it is normal. Remember that very few, and I mean VERY FEW women experience anything with actual implantation. The zygote at the time of implantation is so microscopic that you should actually feel nothing.

The first few weeks of pregnancy your body, as well as the baby's, is going through many many rapid changes. Your uterus is changing to promote a healthy environment for baby.

Make note of all of your questions and take them with you to your next appointment. Your doctor is the best one to guide you and s/he knows your medical history best.

Oct 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Okay thanks for calming me down! I have a Dr.'s appointment on 10/25!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Good for you. Now, just be sure to take prenatal vitamins daily, eat healthy and get some rest.
    PixieMama Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Oct 8, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Keep this in mind: A little cramping, with no bleeding is fine. A little bleeding (spotting) with no cramping is fine. It's when you have cramps and bleeding together that you should worry.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
    I had slight cramping early in my pregnancy. I kept thinking that any minute my period would start but it never did. My doctor told me that slight cramping early on in your pregnancy is completely normal. Like J_9 said, your body is going through a lot and there are a lot of changes taking place.

Oct 8, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Thank you all for your comments... I feel much better!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:41 PM
    CONGRATS!! (I am waiting for the Prometrium to kick in and start my period, then my OBGYN is starting me on Clomid for the first time... hopefully I will be lucky like you!)

Cramping during pregnancy is quite normal. You uterus is expanding and going through many changes, so you will indeed experience some mild cramping.

My sister is 9 weeks pregnant and was really worried because she was cramping. Her doctor said it was fine if it was on and off. Her was CONSTANT... so the doctor had her come in and get checked out, luckily everything was fine :)

So again, nothing to worry about :)

CONGRATS again! :D

Oct 10, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Thank you so much. I am very excited!! I can't wait to go to the DR!!
    char291 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I'm in the same situation. I have mild cramping and wondered what was normal. In my last pregnancy, (I lost in jan 08), the cramps were strong and persistent but every cramp I feel now is scaring the hell out of me.
    dollface_93 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

May 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Okay I have mild cramping on just my left side so I started freaking out thinking I was having an etopic pregnancy, so I called the nurse and she said it is normal, that there is something growing there now and lots of chages going on. She said not to worry unless the cramping is very painful, or accomanies spotting. She said to take warm baths and take tylenol... NO ASPIRN!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding and cramping in early pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having mild cramping on and off for the past week. Today I started bleeding with stronger cramping. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month. I am about 4 days shy of when my period would normally start (and I'm usually regular), and tried a early detection...

Bleeding & cramping in pregnancy but baby is fine? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 7w4d today and I started spotting red and brown today I went to the hospital and was having mild cramping they checked and my cervix is closed and they did an u/s(with a not so great machine)and there was a baby with a heartbeat of 180bpm and a yolk sac, I am going on Monday to get a better...

Early pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I am in early pregnancy and bleeding and slight pain is this natural or am I having a miscarage

Early Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently found out that I am pregnant but am worried as I am supposed to be going to Florida 3 weeks. At this time I will only be around 5 weeks pregnant and I am wondering whether the flight may effect my chances of having a miscarriage? Also there are a lot of rides and water slides in...

View more questions Search