Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutzy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Court permission to sell my home in ch 13
    I understand that I must receive permission from the court to sell my home. I live in PA. and am 2 yrs. Into a five year ch 13 plan. I have acquired a buyer and spoke to my lawyer who advise me that I cannot make more than 20k from the sale, but he was unsure if the courts would approve the sale or how long it would take for an approval.

The sale of my home will payoff the mortgage with 24k left over. My question is if I owe 30k in unsecured debts will the court apply 4k to what's owed (I am allowed 20k) or will they apply the whole 24k with a an amont owed of 6k?

Also does anyone know the average time it takes for an answer from the court once permission to sell has be asked and can the selling price be changed once I get a go ahead from the court as long as the secured debt will be paid in full?

Thank you for your time

Dan
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 8, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nutzy
    I understand that I must receive permission from the court to sell my home. I live in PA. and am 2 yrs. into a five year ch 13 plan. I have aquired a buyer and spoke to my lawyer who advise me that I cannot make more than 20k from the sale, but he was unsure if the courts would approve the sale or how long it would take for an approval.

The sale of my home will payoff the mortgage with 24k left over. My question is if I owe 30k in unsecured debts will the court apply 4k to what's owed (I am allowed 20k) or will they apply the whole 24k with a an amont owed of 6k?

Also does anyone know the average time it takes for an answer from the court once permission to sell has be asked and can the selling price be changed once I get a go ahead from the court as long as the secured debt will be paid in full??

Thank you for your time

Dan
    Each state is a little different. My advice to you is to contact the court to get a definitive answer. In Maryland and Florida you must get the courts permission, generally not withheld without reason. The Court does have an obligation to protect your creditors so the Court may have the right to grant all of the proceeds to the creditors.
    nutzy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nutzy
    I understand that I must receive permission from the court to sell my home. I live in PA. and am 2 yrs. into a five year ch 13 plan. I have aquired a buyer and spoke to my lawyer who advise me that I cannot make more than 20k from the sale, but he was unsure if the courts would approve the sale or how long it would take for an approval.

Also does anyone know the average time it takes for an answer from the court once permission to sell has be asked and can the selling price be changed once I get a go ahead from the court as long as the secured debt will be paid in full??

Thank you for your time

Dan
    Mark, thank you for your response. I appreciate you help in the matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to sell manufactured home in a park [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We moved into our manufactured home just over 8 years ago. The loan is a co-ownership with my husband's grandfather. The way the loan is set up is a 20 year loan, paid bi-weekly, we were told that paying bi-weekly would pay off the home in 14 years rather than the full 20. The house was...

Should we sell our home to save money [ 5 Answers ]

Hello- My husband and I have an oppurtunity to sell our home and pay off all of our debt and still have a little saving left over. We were going to move into my parents home and they are moving into there 2nd home. We are going to just take over paying the utilites while we are there. Its an...

Can I sell home without co-owner [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Florida and purchased a condo. With my aunt as a favor because her credit alone would not suffice. She was to reside in it and pay mortgage. The plan was for her to live there for 1 - 2 years and then we would sell. She only paid the first two months of the mortgage. I took over the payments...

Permission/privilegees XP home [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot instal a demo to my XP home PC... I am getting the error1321: installer has insuficient privilges to modify file mscomctl.ocx.. I am a user with supervisor/administrator type. Is privilege different from permissions? And how can I make sure I can install this demo? Thanks for your...

Must Sell Home but don't have the resources [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: I am in a bind to sell my home because I can no longer afford to pay the mortgage. I have since found out three days before listing that my "7yr" old roof is leaking. I have no problem with that because that can be a credit to the new buyers. However, I have since found out that a permit...

View more questions Search