Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blantyre_bhoy_67 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 12:28 PM
    Hi guys really struggling with this problem
    My system keeps crashing and I get the following info from Microsoft ( absolutely no help though ) :mad:

Here is a list of my operating systems.

As for spyware and anti-virus systems I am running the following.

System mechanic pro 5
    Kaspersky Anti-virus/Anti hacker
    Registry mechanic
    Ad-Aware SE Personal
    Spybt-Search and destroy
    Spyblaster

Don't really know what else to try?

All help really appreciated even minor things to try . :o
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 18, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Do a full disk check on your system

My computer -> right click c: -> properties -> tools tab -> check now -> tick both boxes -> schedule for next reboot = yes.

Then reboot and let it check the drive.

After this do the following:

Start -> Run -> type "SFC /scannow" (without the quotes) & press return.

This will check your system files are still original and not corrupted. It is likely you will need your windows CD for this.

Let us know how you get on after this!
    blantyre_bhoy_67 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu
    Do a full disk check on your system

My computer -> right click c: -> properties -> tools tab -> check now -> tick both boxes -> schedule for next reboot = yes.

Then reboot and let it check the drive.

This will check your system files are still original and not corrupted. It is likely you will need your windows CD for this.

I don't have the original Cd for my PC . When I purchased it the shop put everything on it for me ( about 18 Months ago ) and now no longer in business.I also udated my Cover and although I have still got the Microsoft Licence on the side it is not very clear , ( appears to have been scraped off with a knife )
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 18, 2005, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liondalu
    i need to know if it against the law for a cop to stop you for no reason at all and ticket you anyway, sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place, just don't know where i'm suppose to post at :D
    Where did you get the ticket, what state? What was the ticket for? We can't help you unless you give us the whole story. Then we can try and see the 'picture', get it? Get back with us and we'll try and help.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 18, 2005, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blantyre_bhoy_67
    My system keeps crashing and i get the following info from Microsoft ( absolutely no help though ) :mad:

Here is a list of my operating systems.

As for spyware and anti-virus systems i am running the following.

System mechanic pro 5
    Kaspersky Anti-virus/Anti hacker
    registry mechanic
    Ad-Aware SE Personal
    Spybt-Search and destroy
    Spyblaster

Don't really know what else to try ??

All help really appreciated even minor things to try . :o
    OK, the Key on the last picture is the code you need to key in if you had the original CD. If not, try control panel, help and support, system restore, and restore (or try to) it to a few days before the problem began. Do you have Drive C, only or do you also have another drive that you cannot use? Usually when PCs are sold, the Operating system is installed on a drive or (partition) that is used to store what used to be the original CD, and you should have done a back-up of that to CD when you bought it and should have read the manual for instructions before doing anything else. If all else fails, you'll soon get more help from our computer pros, but you could also take it to a shop and hope the tech there will fix it for you or if you know him pretty well, he might sell you a dealer's version of Windows at 140 dollars compared to what it costs in the store for us stupids - even though they usually are required to sell it with hardware. P.S. Good that you have Registry Mechanic, I love it. It also has a 'Restore' feature, so check it out and read the help files from now on. Good Luck.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 18, 2005, 04:35 PM
    P.S. Did you buy system mechanic or using it as a trial application. I just noticed that it wipes files, maybe you wiped the wrong ones while playing with it. As long as you have anti-virus, anti-spy, malware, and firewall applications on it as well as Registry Mechanic, you really don't need it. And since you did not do backups of the original OS or require it when you purchased it, you might have done something without knowing what you were doing, so I'd get rid of that app before you do more damage in the future. We were not born with all the knowledge and have to continue to learn, and computers are not as easy as they 'look'. There's more inside.. Keep us posted and as I said before, good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2005, 05:02 PM
    i need to know if it against the law for a cop to stop you for no reason at all and ticket you anyway, sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place, just don't know where i'm suppose to post at :D

Under the Money and Finance area is a Law board. That would be the logical place to post this. You are supposed to post under a forum that pertains somewhat to your question. This means browsing the list of forums first to find an appropriate one.

As Chery said, you would need to supply more info here. If the officer gave you a ticket, the ticket should list the reason he stopped you. If you dispute that reason, you have the right to plead Not Guilty and get a hearing on the issue. I can tell you that you will need to furnish convincing proof to override the officer's word. On the other hand, many times you can plea down to a reduced charge (and fine).
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 18, 2005, 08:06 PM
    http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/htsearch

Try looking for what you need here. I've been in Georgia, my daughter was born there, and those officers usually don't stop you without a valid reason. But as a previous post said, you can dispute the issue in court. I wish you lots of luck, and hope the site helps a little.
    liondalu Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 18, 2005, 08:36 PM
    Help
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/htsearch

Try looking for what you need here. I've been in Georgia, my daughter was born there, and those officers usually don't stop you without a valid reason. But as a previous post said, you can dispute the issue in court. I wish you lots of luck, and hope the site helps a little.
    Thank you for your help chery, we are going to court tomorrow and plead not guilty to take it to a jury if the judge will let us. You did help out Thank you so much :)

Oct 19, 2005, 01:51 AM
    This thread needs tidying!
    Could someone move the legal posts to the proper place?

Quote Originally Posted by blantyre_bhoy_67
    I don't have the original Cd for my PC . When i purchased it the shop put everything on it for me ( about 18 Months ago ) and now no longer in business.I also udated my Cover and although I have still got the microsoft Licence on the side it is not very clear , ( appears to have been scraped off with a knife )
    Hi, its possible the SFC program will still work without the CD - the files could be stored somewhere on the machine.

Also Chery's post about system restore etc is good, try this as well.

Oct 19, 2005, 02:29 AM
    Sorry.
    Sorry, do not know how to run this :eek:

Oct 19, 2005, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu

Good Luck!

Oct 19, 2005, 03:28 AM
    Thank you!

Oct 19, 2005, 03:39 AM
    I'm a little confused now!

You (liondalu) posted about the cops stopping you, but my reply was to the original post by blantyre_bhoy_67 about his PC crashing. Are you having the same problem as him?

Oct 19, 2005, 03:53 AM
    Computer problems and cop problems
    Yea, having problems with my computer freezing up! And it want restart, have to cut it of by power button
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2005, 05:15 AM
    Thank you for your help chery, we are going to court tomorrow and plead not guilty to take it to a jury if the judge will let us. you did help out Thank you so much :)
    I don't know of any US municipalities that provide jury trials for traffic violations. Traffic court is generally run by an administrator who may not even be a lawyer let alone a judge.

Did you get caught in a seat belt check? Some areas have a car specifically posted to look for seatbelt code violators. The point is the officer did not stop you for no reason. Whether the reason was valid or not is an issue you need fight in court. But its going to be your word against the cops and whose word do you think will carry more weight?

I'm not trying to discourage you from fighting it, but I suspect what will happens is you will bargain it down to a lesser charge and fine.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 19, 2005, 06:46 AM
    Thank you for your help chery, we are going to court tomorrow and plead not guilty to take it to a jury if the judge will let us. you did help out Thank you so much :)
    Welcome, that's what we are here for.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 19, 2005, 06:49 AM
    yea, having problems with my computer freezing up! and it want restart, have to cut it of by power button
    We need to know a little more, i.e. how many applications you have open at that time, and how old your PC is, what operating system (WinXP, XPPro, etc) or is it just when you use the explorer; also do you have appropriate 'protection' for your computer..

Make us a list and let us know and we'll help in this issue too.

Oct 19, 2005, 09:42 AM
    Re:help
    Microsoft windows ME, internet exployer 6.0 this computer is about 3 to 5 years old, I'm not really sure cause my daughter got it from her friend whom works with her . Her friends mom died and she did'nt need this extra computer. So my daughter bought it from her friend this pass jan or feb. 2005. My mouse stops responding many times :p . Yessome times I have 2 to 4 apllications open sometimes.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 19, 2005, 02:38 PM
    Windows ME, IE 6.0 Help.
    Good , now when the experts in that area sign on they will know a little more of what they need to help you. I'm WinXP Home and Win 2000 user right now, but I'm sure Stu, Scott for Fred and others will sign on and find a solution for you. Hang in there..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Hi Guys [ 11 Answers ]

What tips have you got for a ring stuck on your finger, My finger is a bit swollen, I have tried soap, that didn't work. I tried olive oil that did'nt help.:confused:

View more questions Search