liondalu Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 19, 2005, 02:49 PM
    Re hELP
    Ty I Will Try Hanging In. Boy I Like This Site :d
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2005, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liondalu
    microsoft windows ME, internet exployer 6.0 this computer is about 3 to 5 years old, i'm not really sure cause my daughter got it from her friend whom works with her . her friends mom died and she did'nt need this extra computer. so my daughter bought it from her friend this pass jan or feb. 2005. my mouse stops responding many times :p . yessome times i have 2 to 4 apllications open sometimes.

How much RAM do you have on this PC. If you don't know, I suggest you go to www.belarc.com\download.htm, install and run the Advisor. This will give you a comprehensive list of what's in your computer. It will be invaluable in getting support.

One thing you can also do is go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Resource Meter. Run the Resource Meter, it will appear in your tray area on the taskbar. If Resources fall below 20% you are likely to experience freezes and crashes.

Oct 21, 2005, 03:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    How much RAM do you have on this PC. If you don't know, I suggest you go to www.belarc.com\download.htm, install and run the Advisor. This will give you a comprehensive list of what's in your computer. It will be invaluable in getting support.

One thing you can also do is go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Resource Meter. Run the Resource Meter, it will appear in your tray area on the taskbar. If Resources fall below 20% you are likely to experience freezes and crashes.
    Thank you :D

Oct 21, 2005, 06:42 AM
    thank you :D
    You're welcome. But I asked for more info. Did you find out how much RAM you have?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 08:19 AM
    Ty I Will Try Hanging In. Boy I Like This Site :d
    Glad you like it, but don't forget to try the program suggested and let us know how much RAM you have... Or is your problem solved already?
    blantyre_bhoy_67 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    OK, the Key on the last picture is the code you need to key in if you had the original CD. If not, try control panel, help and support, system restore, and restore (or try to) it to a few days before the problem began. do you have Drive C, only or do you also have another drive that you cannot use? Usually when PCs are sold, the Operating system is installed on a drive or (partition) that is used to store what used to be the original CD, and you should have done a back-up of that to CD when you bought it and should have read the manual for instructions before doing anything else. If all else fails, you'll soon get more help from our computer pros, but you could also take it to a shop and hope the tech there will fix it for you or if you know him pretty well, he might sell you a dealer's version of Windows at 140 dollars compared to what it costs in the store for us stupids - even though they ususally are required to sell it with hardware. P.S. Good that you have Registry Mechanic, I love it. It also has a 'Restore' feature, so check it out and read the help files from now on. Good Luck.
    As I said earlier I didn't get the original CD with my system when I purchased it, The guy just said that he had uploaded this ,that and another on to my PC ( At the time I didny even know the difference between a floppy discs and a CD - ROM ) Still at a loss as to what's happening though. Oh and I have tried system restore but with no joy.
    P.S. Thanks for your assistance on this matter , Greatly appreciated..
    blantyre_bhoy_67 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2005, 11:43 AM
    P.S. Did you buy system mechanic or using it as a trial application. I just noticed that it wipes files, maybe you wiped the wrong ones while playing with it. As long as you have anti-virus, anti-spy, malware, and firewall applications on it as well as Registry Mechanic, you really don't need it. And since you did not do backups of the original OS or require it when you purchased it, you might have done something without knowing what you were doing, so I'd get rid of that app before you do more damage in the future. We were not born with all the knowledge and have to continue to learn, and computers are not as easy as they 'look'. there's more inside.. Keep us posted and as I said before, good luck.
    Hi there yeah I purchased System Mechanic 5 Pro before I tried these other products out, I have now learned how to do back ups ( A tad Too Late me thinks ). And once more thanks for your help in this matteer. Will keep posting updates when I can .
    Thanks to all of you guys out there :cool:

Oct 21, 2005, 02:52 PM
    Re: help
    Glad you like it, but don't forget to try the program suggested and let us know how much RAM you have... Or is your problem solved already?
    I'm not sure how to read this thing of telling me how much ram I have, can you give me an exsample of how much a ram should have. :confused:
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 08:39 PM
    There is an easier way to find the RAM by clicking on Control Panel, then System, and the first window will show you the System Properties, On the General Tab, you'll see System, and Registered to: with a number, then the computer type and model, under that you should see something similar to: Intel(R), Celeron CPU 2.80GHz and underneath that 2.80 GHz, 504 MB of RAM. All this is on the first tab. Try that and let us know what is on that first tab, all except for the long 20 number code, as that's belongs to your information only. This is the RAM that was meant in the posts below. This is from my computer, so you can take my work for it, it's the quick way to find out without rebooting your computer and watching the fast startup infirmation with all the information on it. Good Luck and don't give up.

Oct 21, 2005, 09:06 PM
    i'm not sure how to read this thing of telling me how much ram i have, can you give me an exsample of how much a ram should have. :confused:
    RAM should be listed as memory. It will be in Megabytes, like 64, 128, 256, 512, etc.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 09:12 PM
    Hi scott. Does this mean that mine is a 512-er? I know my documentation says so, by the PC I'm using right now is an HP Presario and I don't trust them anyway. Why would 504 show up on the report then? I sure would like that one to be explained to me too, please. Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2005, 09:36 PM
    There is an easier way to find the RAM by clicking on Control Panel, then System, and the first window will show you the System Properties, On the General Tab, you'll see System, and Registered to: with a number, then the computer type and model, under that you should see something similar to: Intel(R), Celeron CPU 2.80GHz and underneath that 2.80 GHz, 504 MB of RAM. All this is on the firts tab. Try that and let us know what is on that first tab, all except for the long 20 number code, as that's belongs to your information only. This is the RAM that was meant in the posts below. This is from my computer, so you can take my work for it, it's the quick way to find out without rebooting your computer and watching the fast startup infirmation with all the information on it. Good Luck and don't give up.
    Its 128 MB of ram :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 10:20 PM
    Good, now that you got there, you have just had one easy lesson. As soon as Scott signs on again, he will know how to advise you better. I think it would help in investing in some more RAM if your 'motherboard' can handle it. P.S. read up on 'motherboards' and get a little more education, the more the merrier!
    Good Luck, and just hold on, help is on it's way.

;)

Oct 21, 2005, 11:14 PM
    Re: help
    Good, now that you got there, you have just had one easy lesson. As soon as Scott signs on again, he will know how to advise you better. I think it would help in investing in some more RAM if your 'motherboard' can handle it. P.S. read up on 'motherboards' and get a little more education, the more the merrier!.
    Good Luck, and just hold on, help is on it's way.

;)
    Thank you! :cool: :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 11:29 PM
    Welcome! I think you came to the right place. P.S. pass it on.

Oct 21, 2005, 11:30 PM
    That's a good ideal to read up on motherboards , my oldest son invented the new twin computers, but the mother borads were made from another place. He's always so busy that he cannot help me. I set up a website hoping I could help him sale his computers so he can help me. :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2005, 11:35 PM
    thats a good ideal to read up on motherboards , my oldest son invented the new twin computers, but the mother borads were made from another place. hes always so busy that he cannot help me. i set up a website hoping i could help him sale his computers so he can help me. :D
    Good for your son, congrats to him from me. I've tried my hand at homepages and have a few, but never really finished as I had too may other things to do and was in hospital too long. Someday I hope to start a new one again. You can always stick with us if your son is busy building up his future.

Send us a link to your homepage and let me check out what he's done so far.. This will not be considered spam or advertising, as I personally asked for it.

Oct 21, 2005, 11:56 PM
    Re; help
    Good for your son, congrats to him from me. I've tried my hand at homepages and have a few, but never really finished as I had too may other things to do and was in hospital too long. Someday I hope to start a new one again. You can always stick with us if your son is busy building up his future.

send us a link to your homepage and let me check out what he's done so far.. This will not be considered spam or advertising, as I personally asked for it.
    Sorry to hear you were in the hospital chery, hope you feel better . Here's the site I made up on the computers of my sons. http://www.webspawner.com/users/linda256/index.html . Oh yea there a free web page there for you if you like. Thank you for asking to view my site. Itsso easy to make the pages as long as you have the tools to do it. My son can make any website for people, he made one for my nieese loan company and it looks very perfestional. Its www.loanshoppers.com :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Hi Guys [ 11 Answers ]

What tips have you got for a ring stuck on your finger, My finger is a bit swollen, I have tried soap, that didn't work. I tried olive oil that did'nt help.:confused:

View more questions Search