Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Oct 18, 2005, 11:19 AM
    The Background to the Bible
    Thinking about something Keenu wrote about the background to the Bible wouldn't it be accurate to say that it didn't have one single background but each book of the Bible had its own background?

What thoughts do you have?

MORGANITE

:)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2005, 02:32 PM
    The Bible is "a book" only because the Church (the Body of Christ) has designated it so.

But the Church also recognizes that it is actually a collection of books.

Indeed, each book has it's own background, was written primarily to a secific group of people in a specific period.

Further, one must take care to recognize what type of writing is in each one: parable-like, historic, legal, poetry, sayings, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Letter Bible: Fyi [ 4 Answers ]

RED LETTER BIBLE: FYI Some may not be aware of the origin of the Red Letter Bible. Thus my purpose in sharing the following. Bobbye ==========. THE RED LETTER BIBLE There are millions of people who read the Bible daily, yet few may know why some publishers print the words of Jesus...

Bible Education [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW :confused:

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search