Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jon Corelis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 07:51 AM
    One or two transformer system?
    I am replacing my White-Rodgers 1F76-357 thermostat, but I need to know whether I have a one or two transformer system.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2005, 08:58 AM
    2 transformer systems are usually more complicated systems, often one where additional devices were added later. As for identifying one, I guess looking around the system for a second one, or additional wiring, and comparing your existing wiring to the examples in the directions for the new thermostat.

I do not understand the need for a second transformer in most cases. Since you don't run the heating and A/C at the same time, most transformers will have the capacity to run one or the other at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24v Transformer [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find a good source for a 24v transformer. I am working on a project that will use a digital home thermostat to control a couple of 24v relays. I've found all of the parts but a suitable, cheap, 24v thransformer. I thought this would be the easiest part to find but it is turning...

Installing transformer for Alarm System [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I am wanting to install a new transformer for my alarm system. The old one was taken out by a friend and was incorrectly installed according to him (an electrician). It is a 16.5 V transformer which sat at the bottom of the panel. It has 2 black wires coming from it. There is a place...

24 V Transformer Bad, No AC [ 2 Answers ]

One hot Summer day, My Central Air went out, but the fan continued to run even when the thermostat was turned off. The smell of burnt electrical wiring throughout the house. I removed the front cover of the air handler, unplugged the 120 VAC power cord and When I checked the circuit it was...

Transformer [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I've constructed a velleman amp, 2x30watt output, model K4003. Now to power this you need a 50Va transformer. I bought one and the pins along the input side are labelled 0 120 0 120 and the output 0 12 0 12

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search