Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJC_50 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Excel Formula
    Hi
    I have come across another problem with my spreadsheet. I have tried quite a few different ways to do it but can't get any of them to work.
    Within my spreadsheet I have a quote price and a forcasted date. However when a order is definitely received then a sale price and a new date is put into the next cells.
    What I need it to be able to do is for when a new price and a new date gets inputted then for the quote price and date to be cleared.

Within my spreadsheet the quote price is in row D, quote date is in row E. The sale price is in row F and sale date is in row G.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Adam
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2007, 05:59 AM
    This needs to be done using VBA. You can probably record a macro to clear the cells in D & E, but then you will need to setup a trigger to run it when something is entered in either F or G.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Display formula in Excel [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please show me how to display all formulas in a spreadsheet? I already calculated the data using formulas in a spreadsheet, now I just want display the formulas. Are there any keyword shortcuts. Many thanks.

Excel formula IF function [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am creaing a spreadsheet for work. Basically I have a column that shows all the project names, it shows a date and a price for the project. I need this price to then be automatically placed into the appropriate monthly column. I.e if the project is 20,000 and happened on the 21st of jan...

Excel running balance formula [ 5 Answers ]

In Excel's help they have a running balance "how to" (below) but it requires the entry of a zero for fields not used. I'd like to do it like a checkbook register. How can I do it so that whether I enter a deposit or a withdrawal, the balance column will be updated? Thanks!

Excel formula [ 3 Answers ]

I have a column that you manually enter a number; either 0 (zero) or any number greater than zero. I have another column with the formula of: =DAYS360(AN22,AQ22) If the resulting formula figure/number is greater than the manually entered number then I want a third column to equal: $0.00 But...

Excel Formula needed [ 1 Answers ]

I am keeping an inventory in Excel. Let's say I start with 100 units of widgets, I take 20 widgets from the shelf, but return 10 wdgets later because I didn't use them. I need a formula that shows the 100, then I want to show that I took 20, and then have Excel show that I returned 10. Can...

View more questions Search