Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blakstien Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Neatgear WRG614 v4 router set-up login administrator & pasword problems
    I recnenly Purchased A Netgear WRG614 v6 router to simutaneously use A HP Pavilion a1710n with Vista (Main Computer),Emachines i633d with XP Pro SP2(connecting via "Encore ENLWI-G2 wireless-G PCI adapter") & a HP Compaq nx9010 Laptop with XP Pro Sp2 connecting via "Castcom MA521 wireles PC card").When I followed the steps on the installation CD & got to the "Type in (http://www.routerlogin.net)" in your Internet Browser & type admin & password to proceed but instead I get 401 UNAUTHORIZED USER on the sreen after 3 to 4 tries.Is my router defective?I got it New/Used from Ebay.Or am I just not doing something wright?What's wrong?I'm dying to know what it feels like to go wireless,especially with my Laptop.I'm a virgin when it comes to wireless.Someone please help me.I'm ready
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2007, 06:16 AM
    If its used, the user may have put in a password other than the default. Look for a reset button on the router to return it to factory settings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set Password in WGR614 Netgear Router to prevent other access [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me, how to set Password in WGR614 Netgear Router to prevent other access? Thanks Gunwant Singh

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

1 PC & 1 Laptop & 1 ADSL Router [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I Just Bought A Laptop With A Wireless Card And I Want To Add It To My Network That I Already Own... I Have A Pc Wirelessly Connected To An Adsl Router.. I Managed To Connect The Laptop To The Router, Pretty Easy But I Want To Make The 2 Pc To Be Connected Also... in Order To Exchange Files...

View more questions Search