Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Domain Name
    There is this script running daily to send a file from one system to a PC on one domain. How do you configure the PC to receive this file? What configurations do I have to make on the PC to receive this file? I have shared a folder on a test PC but it doesn't receive the file..
    tbakry Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    There is this script running daily to send a file from one system to a PC on one domain. How do you configure the PC to receive this file? What configurations do I have to make on the PC to receive this file? I have shared a folder on a test PC but it doesn't receive the file..
    Need more info... how is the script trying to send? Are the machines on the same network? There are a number of ways that you could accomplish this and it sounds like you already have something in mind.

Cheers,

Tom
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Actually the script ftp's files to other PC's. My question is how to setup the PC at the other end to receive this files?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 6, 2007, 08:52 AM
    To use FTP, there would be two ways to do this.

You could set up the PC that's going to receive the file as an FTP server, then have the script connect to the server and UPLOAD the file.

-OR-

Set up an FTP server on the PC that is sending the file, and then have a script on the one that's recieveing the file connect and DOWNLOAD the file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domain and Range [ 2 Answers ]

determine the domain and range of f(x)=-2x squared + 6x+3

Change of domain name [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my domain name, now XP will not accept my password and I am locked out of Windows. Any suggestions?

Domain join [ 2 Answers ]

How to join domain

Eminent Domain [ 7 Answers ]

I have been presented with the opportunity to purchase a business which is located within a portion of my county that a revitilization project will soon (in the next 10 years) be taking place. The land is owned by one individual, the business by another. If I buy this business, and the landowner...

Domain Name [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has the same name as my domain, can I be forced to shut it down?

View more questions Search