Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
    My vote is for Magpie's second poem and I stand firm on that so please count this as my vote on Oct 29th. Although I do like the first one, that second one is a work of art. PMSL maggie.

Halloween is one of those holidays I don't understand. What other day of the year do we send our children out into the cold night, to traipse from door to door and beg strangers to give them candy? I think I am going to cook up some nice healthy brussel sprouts and give those out. Someone needs to be sensible and make sure the kids are eating right. Might as well be me. I sure hope they get disgruntled and TP my house. I am running low on my supply and I am getting tired of buying it at Walmarts. It would be nice to get a good supply of toilet paper that will last me the entire winter.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Thanks Ruby, by the way, how about a few chocolate covered brussel sprouts for us big kids!
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Oct 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Magprob I hope you forgave me already... by the way if that got you to come up with the other poem then I think it was pretty much worth it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Forgive what? Nobody steals my power and yes, it prodded me into diving deep and swimming around in my pool of creative juices to come up with Glen The Funky Butt Monster! I thank you.

Oct 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
    OK that's all good. Hope there will be more submissions.

Oct 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Hello again everyone... Today is the official start of the poem contest... So if you'd like to start posting you can do it now... It'll go on until the 29th of October, 2007, so if you have something you want to share, please you're welcome to do so.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 15, 2007, 06:28 PM
    The crisp breeze cuts sharply
    Into my cheeks, as I run
    To each door for candy.

That's the best I can come up with. I was researching haiku and it's actually a lot harder than I previously had thought, so I used the easier, modern form. :D
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    The crisp breeze cuts sharply
    into my cheeks, as I run
    to each door for candy.

That's the best I can come up with. I was researching haiku and it's actually a lot harder than I previously had thought, so I used the easier, modern form. :D
    Make a complete list of every word you want to use with the correct amount of syllables. Oh my! That would be tedious. That is to hard! You can steal my style if you like. It's called, Early American Illeterate.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 08:52 PM
    I can't come up with anything yet... YET, I say... I may ask the kids for help... is that legal her METERRE??

Oct 16, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I can't come up with anything yet....YET, I say...i may ask the kids for help...is that legal her METERRE???
    So long as the result is mostly your own writing... but no one here will know anyway. But if they do help you, make sure to give them credit for that. By the way that poem reminds me of how my sister and I used to go trick or treating. It was usually cold and the breeze did cut through our cheeks.
    And just to mention something, don't make it harder on yourselves, you don't have to make it a haiku or limerick, I just mentioned that it could be as short as those styles... but you can even make up your own style, no need to follow any. Just do whatever suits you best.

Oct 16, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Make a complete list of every word you want to use with the correct amount of syllables. Oh my! That would be tedious. That is to hard! You can steal my style if you like. It's called, Early American Illeterate.
    I know my format of haiku was easy, but real haiku is much more difficult. It doesn't use syllables, it uses moras, or something like that.

Check it out

Haiku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2007, 05:42 PM
    I got a brain cramp just reading about it!

Oct 16, 2007, 08:32 PM
    C'mon people lets get going!! Not really trying to hurry you up but this thread needs some poems...

Oct 19, 2007, 06:25 PM
    c'mon... really?. no poems?. Seriously, has anyone got something to post yet?? Or did you guys forget??
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Didn't forget I am just afraid nothing I do will compare to Mag... (she puts her head down in shame) :(

Oct 19, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Don't worry whatever you come up with will be appreciated.

Oct 19, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    c'mon............really???........no poems????.......Seriously, has anyone got something to post yet??? Or did you guys forget???
    No poems? We have 3 already. What, doesn't mine count?
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    So long as the end result is mostly your own writing....but no one here will know anyway. But if they do help you, make sure to give them credit for that. By the way that poem reminds me of how my sister and i used to go trick or treating. It was usually cold and the breeze did cut through our cheeks.
    And just to mention something, don't make it harder on yourselves, you don't have to make it a haiku or limerick, i just mentioned that it could be as short as those styles...but you can even make up your own style, no need to follow any. Just do whatever suits you best.
    Limericks? Did you say limericks? I love limericks so I wrote this one just for the heck of it.

There once was a morbidly obese chick from Aberdeen
    Her most favorite day of the year was Halloween
    She rolled down the street
    Flattening everyone she did meet
    While sucking their candy bags clean
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Hold everything, I came up with one more.

There once was a young man named Larry
    Who went trick or treating dressed as a fairy
    He got his as* beat
    Halfway down the street
    Cause Larry, was just too damn scary!
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Lmao!! lmao!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No contest divorce [ 4 Answers ]

If my wife and I have basically agreed on all the terms of a no contest divorce than why do I have to still pay and attorney $2000 dollars to setlle this issue for me

Contest a will? [ 6 Answers ]

My moms dad married a woman 4 yrs ago she says he's leaving everything to her and she is selling it all does my mom have the right to contest his will for a share of his property?

Contest in Virginia [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of Virginia, is it illegal to run a contest where there is an entry fee and a cash prize is awarded? Keep in mind you are not eligible to win a cash prize without paying the entry fee.

View more questions Search