Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:30 PM
    How far away does he live from you?
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:32 PM
    The sad thing is in like 5 years we probably won't be talking at all... I just don't see it happenening. Just like I didn't see myself ever turning 16. And I don't see myself ever graduwaiting or moving out.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    How far away does he live from you?
    Like a 20 min drive... maybe 30
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

A CA small press assigned me to write and then published four books, plus The Chicago Historical Society published a long article another librarian and I wrote about a major Chicago landmark (no one had ever approached it from our point of view before, and CHS liked that).

I have no agent.

Start writing again, Didi. What's your book about? (I know from your posts here that you're a good writer!) If you have questions, email me.
    Thank you, Wondergirl. My book is about my experiences through my husband's illness (gastric cancer) and his subsequent death. It goes into the beauracratic sh$t we went through, including having 2 home nurses almost kill him. One was fired, the second was charged with 'something' that I have never been made privy to. It was directly related to my husband's death though, because I had to give several statements. She was very clearly 50% responsible for him dying when he did - only 1 day after he asked her to leave the room and begged me not to trust her.

The other 50% of the responsibility was due his being given a faulty pain pump that had been recalled by the manufacturer. He went 24 hours with no pain medication, then they started him back up on the same amount he had been on prior to the 'mistake' (which they attempted to blame on me despite the fact that the pumps are locked and only the nurses have the keys!). He died less than 12 hours later. His whole illness was filled with injustices and I am not strong enough to pursue them legally. I have heard the process will be very costly and lengthy and will not enable me to maintain closure upon that chapter of my life. Sometimes I regret my decision.

When he was dying I had used my email to deal with my emotions. Everyone who was a recipient has urged me to publish them in the form of a book, so I have been putting them all together with a few other memories. Don't get me wrong, it truly is a story of love.

Sorry, this stuff doesn't need to be on this post. If you would like to discuss it further, we should do so via PM or email.

Hugs, Didi
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Thank you, Wondergirl. My book is about my experiences through my husband's illness (gastric cancer) and his subsequent death. It goes into the beauracratic sh$t we went through, including having 2 home nurses almost kill him. One was fired, the second was charged with 'something' that I have never been made privy to. It was directly related to my husband's death though, because I had to give several statements. She was very clearly 50% responsible for him dying when he did - only 1 day after he asked her to leave the room and begged me not to trust her.

The other 50% of the responsibility was due his being given a faulty pain pump that had been recalled by the manufacturer. He went 24 hours with no pain medication, then they started him back up on the same amount he had been on prior to the 'mistake' (which they attempted to blame on me despite the fact that the pumps are locked and only the nurses have the keys!). He died less than 12 hours later. His whole illness was filled with injustices and I am not strong enough to pursue them legally. I have heard the process will be very costly and lengthy and will not enable me to maintain closure upon that chapter of my life. Sometimes I regret my decision.

When he was dying I had used my email to deal with my emotions. Everyone who was a recipient has urged me to publish them in the form of a book, so I have been putting them all together with a few other memories. Don't get me wrong, it truly is a story of love.

Sorry, this stuff doesn't need to be on this post. If you would like to discuss it further, we should do so via PM or email.

Hugs, Didi
    How about a new thread started for people who would like to share in this way?
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
    How about you shut up? Lol. Just kidding... what if I meant it though? Lol.
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
    I have a habbit of asking questions when I hear a question
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by br_hjs
    How about you shut up? Lol. just kidding.... what if i meant it though? lol.
    Are you addressing me, Michelle?
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Yeah.. lol. But it was a joke
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Methinks she wants her thread back.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:58 PM
    I already have an idea for you, Didi. And I just unshelved my Writer's Market today to begin a plan for my own writing. I'll send you my email address.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Methinks she wants her thread back.
    Then, it's back!
    -

Nov 3, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Clough, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.. I was just joking.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
    I'm glad your brother is home and won't have to go back. Some soldiers are on their third and forth tour over there.

Would your boyfriend sign up?
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Clough, i hope i didnt hurt your feelings.. i was just joking.
    You were making me wonder... But, thank you! :)
    -

Nov 3, 2007, 12:09 AM
    He talks about that stuff sometimes but I know if I don't want him to he won't do it. I just know it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    How about a new thread started for people who would like to share in this way?
    I have nothing else to post in this regard. Thanks though.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 01:01 AM
    How about you shut up? Lol. just kidding.... what if i meant it though? lol.
    Whether you meant it or not it was rude and insensitive and not the way you should be talking to people who have devoted a lot of time and sent a tremendous amount of caring and support your way.

If you want us to shut up, stop posting.
    -

Nov 3, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Didi, I want you to shut up. And I don't know why I come here anyway but because of that none of you will EVER hear from me again. I come here to talk about one thing and that deosnt even get talked about. Im better off leaving the computer and just thinking on my own without EVERYONE's LIES here.. don't bother respnding to this... I won't read it. I know what you have to say... that its not lies whatever... that's just more lies
    -

Nov 3, 2007, 12:18 PM
    And its not rude its what I'm used to... how is it rude... MAybe because your from somewhre else. Where I'm from everyone says stuff all the time like that as a joke... especially to their friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beard growth [ 2 Answers ]

hii I'm 25 genially not a hairy person and have very little facial hair. I'm desperate to grow a half decent beard & woz wondering if there woz sum way of inducing some/any growth i.e an oil, cream supplement..? I just don't know HELP!:confused:

Will it cause new growth? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering - If I shaved an area of my body that has no hair would it cause hair to grow? I don't think it would since there are no hairs so it couldn't effect anything but I just want a second opinion?

Beard growth [ 2 Answers ]

Hii.. I'm 21 and I have beard growth problem with me... its not flawless I mean its not growing in a proper way... it looks weird. Moreever,its very thin ,way to invisible.And no one in my family has this problem as some say it harmone genes problem. Please assist me in curing one soon. LIke what...

Tell me about my growth [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 5'4 and 17 I've been 5'4 for about 5 monthes and haven't grew since my birthday is September 14 will I grow anymore can somebody tell me or have a similar situation like me

Growth under arm [ 3 Answers ]

I had atiny growth under my arms, may be an extension of breast glands. At aboyt 18 years they were of the size of a grape, now at age 52 they are as large as a lemon and bothersome. They do not hurt but I can not wear sleeveless dresses, the bra strap pinches and it uncomfortable. What is this...

View more questions Search