Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Well, I just emailed my second story this week. The first (snail-mailed) was to a reputable writers' contest, with first prize $500. The one I just emailed has already been accepted by a magazine, but I rewrote the ending. It's much better now. My cyber son in Japan (doesn't speak real good English so we email a lot and he wanted to read the story for practice) gave me the key to a new ending.

Now I have to finish my third story and mail it out. It's due by Dec 3--$3000 first prize in a reputable magazine search for writers.

If only we could get Michelle involved in something like this, something outside herself and something she likes doing.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    If only we could get Michelle involved in something like this, something outside herself and something she likes doing.
    We have tried. But, she has made choices... Some of the energy in making the choices that she has made might have been better spent on other things. It's obvious that she is very creative!.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Well, I just emailed my second story this week. The first (snail-mailed) was to a reputable writers' contest, with first prize $500. The one I just emailed has already been accepted by a magazine, but I rewrote the ending. It's much better now. My cyber son in Japan (doesn't speak real good English so we email a lot and he wanted to read the story for practice) gave me the key to a new ending.

Now I have to finish my third story and mail it out. It's due by Dec 3--$3000 first prize in a reputable magazine search for writers.

This is awesome, Wondergirl! Do you have a literary agent? Have you won any contests before? I am looking for an agent for my book. I'm so afraid of scams that I don't submit to contests anymore. I found that most of them were for vanity publishers to 'recruit' more writers. I haven't had anything published in over 25 years because I lost my focus. Most of that was just small time stuff, anyhow.

Good luck in the contests!

Hugs, Didi
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 12:13 PM
    A CA small press assigned me to write and then published four books, plus The Chicago Historical Society published a long article another librarian and I wrote about a major Chicago landmark (no one had ever approached it from our point of view before, and CHS liked that).

I have no agent.

Start writing again, Didi. What's your book about? (I know from your posts here that you're a good writer!) If you have questions, email me.
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 01:46 PM
    And I wasn't on yesterday because I went to sleep at like 5pm and the day before I went to sleep at like 5 am... it's that big of a difference everyday
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Actually now if I'm not with him I don't care as much because I at least have my iPod to live for now. But him and my iPod are all I'm really living for. Pretty sad isn't it? But I got to go put more songs on it
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Dear Michelle,

Please read what others have written here recently. What do you think about some of the things that have been written?

Thank you! :)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by br_hjs
    Actually now if i'm not with him i dont care as much because i atleast have my ipod to live for now. But him and my ipod are all i'm really living for. Pretty sad aint it? but i gotta go put more songs on it
    I hope you pick some good songs... music does wonders for the soul sweet! Hugs to you!:)
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 04:27 PM
    I love music.. All kinds. I don't want to but I just do
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Musics all I need in this world... and my boyfriend.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 04:44 PM
    YouTube - Love and Happiness - Al Green
    Ohhhh then here you go... I can't give you your boyfriend though! LOL
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:06 PM
    He called me today. We can talk a little more now. We have a new way. We talked for about an hour!!
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:06 PM
    And about absulutly nothing
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:08 PM
    You two didn't figure out the Mideast mess??
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:11 PM
    What do you mean?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Well, if you talked for an hour, you had plenty of time to figure out how we can get our soldiers safely out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Or didn't you talk about that?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:17 PM
    You two didn't figure out the Mideast mess????
    :eek: Oh, gosh, woman! You are so funny!! :D

Thanks for the info re: publishing. I may just be in touch. Right now life is a little discombobulated. Trying to get it organized enough to know what I'm doing next! Seriously, though, thank you for your help.

Hugs, Didi
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:22 PM
    This is making me mad... I want some pizza really bad but I'm not hungry and it'll make me fat.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Why are you skyping each other?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:26 PM
    I skype guys in Europe.

It seems more like a way to avoid long distance charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beard growth [ 2 Answers ]

hii I'm 25 genially not a hairy person and have very little facial hair. I'm desperate to grow a half decent beard & woz wondering if there woz sum way of inducing some/any growth i.e an oil, cream supplement..? I just don't know HELP!:confused:

Will it cause new growth? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering - If I shaved an area of my body that has no hair would it cause hair to grow? I don't think it would since there are no hairs so it couldn't effect anything but I just want a second opinion?

Beard growth [ 2 Answers ]

Hii.. I'm 21 and I have beard growth problem with me... its not flawless I mean its not growing in a proper way... it looks weird. Moreever,its very thin ,way to invisible.And no one in my family has this problem as some say it harmone genes problem. Please assist me in curing one soon. LIke what...

Tell me about my growth [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 5'4 and 17 I've been 5'4 for about 5 monthes and haven't grew since my birthday is September 14 will I grow anymore can somebody tell me or have a similar situation like me

Growth under arm [ 3 Answers ]

I had atiny growth under my arms, may be an extension of breast glands. At aboyt 18 years they were of the size of a grape, now at age 52 they are as large as a lemon and bothersome. They do not hurt but I can not wear sleeveless dresses, the bra strap pinches and it uncomfortable. What is this...

View more questions Search