Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxBeccaxx Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 03:58 AM
    Arguments
    I have been in a relationship with my boyfreind for 3 and a half months, and lately I have been starting loads of unnesasary arguments. He puts up with it, but I'm worried that he will get bored of me keep starting them. I really love him and he loves me and I don't want this relationship to end. I would make any changes I could. I thought perhaps it was just that 'time of the month' but I'm not sure is it that anymore. Every time I see him it ends sour, and I wish I could just stop taking him for granted. Its ruining our relationship.
    Please help.
    Xxx
    :(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2005, 04:18 AM
    Arguments
    Hi,
    It's normal to get into arguments with others; but not all the time.
    If this is happening every time you see him, and you start it, then you are the one with an issue. Look at what you are arguing about; is it worth it? Is it just something that you think of "off the top of your head" and want to start an argument?
    Take a good look at yourself and him. Maybe there is something in this relationship that isn't going to work out.
    Try meeting new people, and talk with others. If he is the only one that you find it necessary to start an argument with, then look around for another boyfriend. Could be you are already getting tired of him.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Oct 18, 2005, 08:10 AM
    Mask of protection
    I am proud of you, the fact that you understand that you are needlessly and aimlessly starting arguments with your beloved. This indicates that you have given consideration towards your accountability in the relationship. Good for you.

Now to address the problem at hand, do you suppose that you are serving the "bread of sorrow" to your beloved because you are not experiencing that I just met you sensation.

After a while, I have been made aware that once a couple cross that definitive line and the energy once shared has found its proper outlet, the streamline attention and outward display of affection dwindles due to having become familiar with one another, and the mask of protection begins to fade because each has decided to be true to themselves almost unaware. And for some, this is an uncomfortable adjustment because they desire to keep that same ole' feeling afresh, and when efforts to attain such fail, frustration enters the picture redirecting your focus unto negative energy to create some type of vibe of attention. When in fact, all you must do is change your approach to befit the atmosphere of the relationship without fear. Do not be afraid to release yourself completely to this man, from the fruit of your lips, you attest that you love him, if that be true, you must also be able to trust him and know that he will not misappropriate your inner most being. He does not control that, you do; however, you must be willing to share your vulnerable side with him without entertaining fear,, if this be love. If you are afraid, at some point in life, you will have to confront this fear head on without a mask, for it shall speak to the state of your well being. Think about this... when we feel good about most things in our lives, we take risks, we open ourselves up to new adventures, we allow ourselves to change lanes in confidence, we leap forward and spring ahead; however, when we are not feeling the world of good towards most of our happenings, we shy away, we turn inward, we hope but our actions remain inactive, we hold even tighter to stationary things even if it is not in our best interest, we loose life's luster, we defend and protect ourselves from the unknown, foolishly, I think because in order to harness the proper defence, one must be able to define the enemy of the unknown. It is only when we are to define, that we are able to ascertain what to do/what not to do. Anyway, I say all of this to ask... is it better to rec'v negative supportive vibes from your beloved than to be ignored. If so, opt to give him exactly that which you want to rec'v. You choose to protect yourself, similar to those who ascribe to themselves self-destructive behaviors... you are worthy of his love... think about how grand this relationship will be, once you decide to go with the flow of love and stop foolishly short-changing yourself. So what, you have not felt this way about another before, experience life in a more excellent way. Your inner most core desires it, which cause a war between the you in your heart and the you in your mind... thing here... both of them agree... they just need to be aligned. YOu want him, in heart and in mind; however, fear dominates the way we think, it overpowers by one's submission to it, if you will resolve within yourself to feel the fear but tread on anyway in the direction of your heart, one day you will notice that your mind and heart has always been alignment, it was just that fear had a hand in it, know this thing for sure, the moment you step out and not look back... fear looses its rein in your life, and you will begin to experience a more excellent way of life. It's Grand. Try it with me.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2005, 05:14 PM
    You've admitted that these arguments are unnecessary and that you wish that you could stop taking him for granted. I really don't know what drives your irrational behavior and I certainly don't know why he puts up with it. But I can guarantee you one thing ; he will get tired of it sooner or later. Everyone has their breaking point and once you push him to his, he will have nothing, and I do mean nothing to do with you whatsoever. He'll go so far as to contact the authorities and get restraining orders against you if he has to. I know, because I was once in a similar relationship with the same kind of woman. I eventually had to go to court to get a restraining order to keep her from contacting me as I wanted absolutely nothing to do with her whatsoever and she wouldn't leave me alone. She could have blown up for all I cared and I would have danced at her funeral. That's what happens once you drive a guy to his breaking point. If you really do love him and want to keep him then stop the unnecessary arguing now and start treating him with the respect and dignity that he deserves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Rules: Arguments/Discussions with your spouse/partner [ 7 Answers ]

This was in this month's issue of Envoy Magazine... couldn't resist sharing it. I am confident that if both parties of a relationship can agree with these "rules" then it's a huge step toward a successful relationship... T H E__R U L E S By Kris and Marty Franklin 1. We are on the same...

Descartes Arguments for Skepticism [ 1 Answers ]

What are are Descartes arguments for Skepticism? What does Descartes believe exists despite those arguments. Thank you so much, any help is much appreciated!

View more questions Search