Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reginamck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Tub repair
    I have a problem with water coming out of my tub spout whenever the shower is being used, what causes this and how do you fix it
    Rook Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
    If you have a three valve faucet set then it's because the center valve that controls the flow from your tub spout to your shower head needs replaced. If you have a two valve set with the pull up stopper in the tub faucet then the stopper is either old, dried out, and pieces broken off it or just plain worn out. In that occasion I believe you'll need to replace the spout assembly with the stopper installed in it. I don't believe you can just change the stopper on most models. If you have the first and have to change the valve I'll give you some advice to save you a lot of time. Turn off the water supply to your house, meter box is easiest method, then take the valve out and take it with you to the hardware store when you go to get the replacement. There are so many different sizes and models by brand that you can waste a lot of time and trips if you don't. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Tub Repair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair a small hole in a porcelain tub.

Trying to find a one piece tub surround to fit a large jet tub [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a large juccuzzi jet tub (measures 73" long, 36" deep, and I can go as high as 78" to my ceiling) . I would like to put in a new tub surround, however, I have talked with rona, home depot, and many renovators in my area and they all are telling me that I can not...

Repair moen tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

How to repair /moen shower tub spout

Acrylic tub repair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I chipped a small corner of my acrylic tub as I as putting it in :mad: :mad: :mad: Any good products to repair it? I have the piece that chipped off and plan on gluing it back on, but you can still see the outline of the chip... Also, how are cpvc stub outs secured? Thanks.

View more questions Search