Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eric4110 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Mobil home furnace
    I have a mobil home furnace coleman/evcon DGAT model
    The purge blower comes on the ignitor comes on the flame comes on and after about 40 sec the blower comes on and the flame goes out.
    This model does not have a pressure switch.
    Need some help

I took apart the burner assy and cleaned the sensor with emery cloth but still won't work

The flame goes out just as the blower starts I checked the wires they seem to be tight
    I checked the exchanger for crackes or burn spots with the burner out every thing looks OK
    No headaches or stuffynoses
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Sounds like you have a dirty flame sensor. It may be kind of a tricky to remove and clean it if you do not know the mechanics of a mobile home furnace.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 06:17 PM
    You better have a look at this.

Safety/Inspection Notice

There have been major problems with the heat exchangers. This can cause a pilot problem. Been there done that.
    eric4110 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Thank you for your help.
    I took apart the burner assy and cleaned the flame sensor with emery cloth but still the same should I replace the flame sensor
    Thanks eric
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 06:41 PM
    If you have an ignitor, you don't have a pilot light so I doubt the second post applies. Although leaky heat exchangers kill.

Go to the top of the sticky and read the sequence of operations of a gas furnace. I think if the flame sensor is bad the gas goes off before the blower starts up. I think the control board isn't getting the signal that the blower started.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 07:08 PM
    A hole in the heat exchanger will blow the flame away from the sensor. This inturn will cause the series of events you describe. When you said as soon as the blower comes on the furnace goes out!! This is a classic example of the Coleman problem. Headaches,stuffy nose,flue like symptoms Etc come usually before you pass out. Please have your heat exchanger checked. The repair is free from Coleman. These units were shipped from the factory over fired. The heat X will not take the BTU imput. They replace the heat X and underfire the unit with a different orifice. This problem can and will kill you without proper attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miller mobile home furnace [ 3 Answers ]

My miller home furnace MMHA-077ABHR-02 has a UT Electronic Controls 1018 series hot surface ignitor that is repeatedly flashing 3 times. Furnace goes through the cycle for starting, solonoid for gas opens momentarily and shuts right back off, and furnace will not light.

Mobil home serial number for a title [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir we are trying to sell out older great lakes mobil home there never has been a title for it. The person we bought it from gave us a bill of sale 14 yrs ago the motor vehicle dept wants a serial number we have searched the home top to bottom inside out there is none what we have found is a...

Mobil 1 synthetic ATF --txgreasemonkey [ 4 Answers ]

I removed some fluid from power steering unit. It is so small,only removed maybe 4oz so I wouldn't go below hose in unit. Marked how much was removed in plastic beeker,added Mobil 1 syn ATF. Do you know total amount of fluid is in my unit? 2003 toyota tacoma 4x4 6 cyl. I want to add more.so it...

Mobil 1 syn 5-30 motor oil [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 toyota tacoma 6 cyl 4x4. I bought it dealer certified last year. What benefits can I expect if I go to Mobil 1 Syn?;)

Home gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My gas home heating system turns of suddenly and the desired temperature has not been reached. This started happening 2 days ago. When we go to bed we lower the temperature to 58 degrees and when we are up in the morning we raise the temperature to 68 degrees. Yesterday morning I raised...

View more questions Search