Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Oct 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Pregnant women gaining weight
    How in the world do women gain up to 60 pounds from a baby who weights 5-10 pounds?

I can understand 15=30.

but 60?
    -.-
    johnxyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Metabolism changes from the hormones. Or perhaps they eat more. I know one woman with twins who gained 50 pounds in 2 months.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 7, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Pregnant women do not just gain "baby" weight. For starters, the body makes lots of changes preparing for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. To help, women have to change their diets to support the change. Also, the breasts swell to be able to feed them after birth. The uterus grows with the baby... eh, I don't feel like typing it all out. Just check out this link ;)
    Where the weight comes from

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I gaining weight? [ 5 Answers ]

About a month ago I decided I need to lose weight, I have started walking 30min a day 5x a week, stopped eating fast food, junk food and drinking soda. I eat breakfast now rather than skip it I sip on water all day about 6-8 glasses and I have been eating pretty healthy food (lots of fruits and...

Gaining weight [ 6 Answers ]

What is a good way to gain weight. I took that BMI test and I'm under by like 5 pounds maybe more. Im tall so I look skinny. I try to eat 3 meals a day and I hear potatoes slow down your metabolism which I try to eat more of. What else can I do? Im active so I burn a lot of calories doing sports...

Gaining weight? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get me pitbull to gain weight?

Why am I not gaining weight [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been lifting weights for about two month now eating good healthy food, and taking protein shakes at least three times a day. The problem is I am not gaining weight I am in fact losing weight. Why? I am lifting three days a week for at least an hour a day if not longer, but I am not...

View more questions Search