Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2005, 08:31 PM
    Xbox X-perts...
    Yeah, I have an Xbox and I can not play burnt CD's on it, but my nephew can on his. Is there anything I can do to my Xbox to make it play Burnt CD's? Also, I heard that there might be a chip available for the Xbox to convert it into a 360. Did anyone hear about this?
    McLaren Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Sorry
    I am not sure about being able to play burnt CD's on your xbox, but I would think there is some sort of MOD chip that can be installed to fix that, although it would certainly void any remaining warranty.
    As for the comment about turning an Xbox into a 360, well my friend whoever may have passed this information along to you, I am sorry to say was GREATLY misinformed. There is NO way to turn a regualr Xbox into an Xbox 360, to say these two systems are different is an understatement, it'd be like saying you could turn a Honda Civic into a Ferrari with a new oil Filter. Haha:D
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 08:24 AM
    You will need to get your XBox chipped to play burnt CD's on it!

Jan 10, 2006, 08:51 PM
    Xbox
    What do you mean by "chipped"?? Are you referring to getting a chip to install into my Xbox console, or what? Confused, I mean I just bought the thing a few months ago and mind you, my previous system was the get ready for this... Super Nintendo, so you can see why I might be a little out of the loop with the term "chipped", oh it's o.k. I still play my Atari 2600 from time to time too. Hey did you hear about this eye pee oh ddd gadget gizmo that supposedly plays emm pee three files? Yeah, really weird...
    Ha-Ha thanks for your info, but most def. get back to me about that "chipped" deal so I fully understand. Cheers!
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 04:57 AM
    Yes you will need to get a chip installed to allow you to play burnt discs. If you go into your local games store, and tell them what you want they will be able to help you.
    paradoks Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 07:02 PM
    I thought chpping was illegal?

Feb 2, 2006, 10:56 PM
    I'm sure chipping is illegal and I would never do that sort of thing for myself...
    I was asking for another person...
    Yeah, another person, not me, myself, or eye...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search