Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Casey1225 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Summons for Pretrial Conference
    I live in Florida and I received a Summons to appear for pretrial conference from Asset Acceptance. Do I just go to the court on the date it says? Will these people actually show up or is this a scare tactic to try and get a default judgment hoping that I don't show?
    Justice Matters Posts: 210, Reputation: 27

Oct 7, 2007, 01:06 PM
    If the summons is bona fide then you should attend regardless if it is a scare tactic or not. (If you are uncertain as to authenticity of the summons you can call the court.)

As you correctly stated, if you fail to attend the pre-trial conference you may either be assessed with costs and/or have summary judgment entered against you.

Of course the opposite also holds true. If you attend and the creditor does not you may have costs assessed against the creditor and/or have the claim against you dismissed.

If both parties attend hopefully some mutually acceptable settlement can be reached.

Oct 7, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Has anyone here ever dealt with Asset Acceptance at a pre-trial conference? I am definitely going to appear at the pre-trial conference but just want to know if they will actually show up and what to espect. Thanks in advance.
    drafter Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 09:20 PM
    I got a summons to appear in court for being sued by a credit card lawyer in Texas, do I need to appear?
    trueblooe Posts: 31, Reputation: -9

Oct 7, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey1225
    I live in Florida and I received a Summons to appear for pretrial conference from Asset Acceptance. Do I just go to the court on the date it says? Will these people actually show up or is this a scare tactic to try and get a default judgment hoping that I don't show?
    Always turn up I use to bea debt collector just remember they cannot get blood from a stone

Oct 8, 2007, 10:08 AM
    I have heard so many bad things about Asset Acceptance, has anybody ever had to deal with them at a pre-trial conference?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons civil case management conference [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons for uncollected debt and I want to know if I can just pay it off without going to court - can you help me?

Pretrial diversion [ 1 Answers ]

Completed pre-trial diversion and case was dismissed. Will this show up on background check and if so, how will it show up?

Work conference [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé went to Milan on a 3 day work conference, there in all about 30 IT technicians for all our Europe. Anyway on the 2 nights he was there he was out drinking till 4am with one of the guys there, and my fiancé told me, that they started chatting to 2 foreign girls. My fiancé said he spoke...

Answered a complaint pretrial set [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to tell you all that the help you gave me in answering the complaint helped me to do it right. Now a pretrial is set and I have no idea how to prepare for it. Any help would once again be appreciated.

View more questions Search