Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxvickyxx Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Hamster died.why
    Hi,
    My hamster was found dead today. I am 12 and really upset I didn't do anything wrong. She had her water, food and tons of playthings she had everything. I only got her in August!! I really need to know why she just died.
    She was found in her bed just asleep but she did used to climb across the top bars of the cage, has she hurt her back or something?
    PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW WHY?!
    Thanksxx
    razza115 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 09:37 AM
    It could be anything including wet tail it could also be because its alone
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 09:41 AM
    As noted, any type of medical condition from heart to breathing, just like in people. So while you want to know, there is really no way to ever know why. One has to remember the fun and enjoyment of their pets, and understand we all never know the time it is to go
    csussa Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Did u interact a lot with your hamster? Because it says if you give your hamster a lot of attention then it is happy to live alone. It could have been wet tail . Did it have diarieha recently? That is caused from stressfulness or ruff handling which leads to wet tail or it could have caught a cold from a human wich is deadly to hamsters or it could have got mites? Wich make there ears go red because it make them scratch it could be caught from cats because its under the skin. Get back to me. Xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you tame a hamster? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a panda hamster names bamboo She's 8 weeks old and I've had her a little over a week, not very long I know She bites a lot and I want to know if there's a way to tame a hamster so they don't bite as much Because I don't like picking her up anymore because I'm afraid she'll bite me and...

My hamster has died [ 6 Answers ]

My pet hamster died today, he was only 10 months old and seemed absolutely fine, happy and running about. I had not seen him for over a day so I checked his bed and he was there just curled up. I don't understand why he has gone, I don't think he had wet tail, can anyone help me, give me a possible...

Hamster concerns [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! Am an unfortunate new hamster owner here. My hamster died after 9 days under me :confused:, just about to take her to the vet today but it was too late. I don't know why but her eyes has been closed the past 2 days and just yesterday night, she was still active I presume as she was still...

Hamster Qs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a friend, he says a lot of things... The other day he said a hamster could kill a rat by jumping on its back and biting its neck. This seems a bit silly to me, the largest animal I could find that they eat using Google was locusts. Does this actually happen or is he making things...

Chirping Hamster [ 5 Answers ]

My friend just got a hamster and when it is walking around it's cage, or is disturped it makes a kind of chirpy, squeek. It is pretty regular. I looked around on hamster sites and they all said hamsters were quiet and none mentioned this noise. I'm a bit confused. Can anyone tell me if it means it...

View more questions Search