Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khalifi313 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
    cultural values
    hi, I'supposed to teach my students to talk about personal values which should guide them in life . But I'm a bit lost as I'dont how proceed.Thanks for help
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Whose culture are you basing the student's personal values upon? A country or a religion? Or are you teaching general personal values that would transcend the boundaries of country and/or religion? How old are your students?

There are some websites out there about teaching personal and social values.
    Try looking at the Google page that shows the links to various sites. Without knowing the ages of your students, I would hesitate to place a link that may or may not be age appropriate. L
    khalifi313 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Thanks for your reply .I'm teching 16 to 18 year old students;and I have to bring them to talk about moral values which guide one's life
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Have you thought of using literature to teach moral values? Here is a website that discusses that. Moral Values & Spirituality in Children's & Young Adults Literature

Below are some sites that offer tips on teaching moral values:
    Virtual Assistant Services » Blog Archive » Teach Kids Strong Moral Values - the quote cited by Zig Ziglar is worth the read. Use that with your students.

moral values - you can glean ideas from the essays, such as using the Ten Commandments to teach moral values. While the whole essays are for pay only, you get the main idea with what is posted.

How Raise Kids With Strong Moral Values - this article emphasizes to do unto others as you would want done to you.

Values: How to Teach Them - if you do not read any of the other links, read this one.

Also teachings on moral and values can be found in philosophy, religion, sociology, etc.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
    I agree with Shy,
    Moral teachings have a little variation according to different cultures,religions etc.

If you are looking for a particular moral aspect according to a certain culture do give the details so that we could be more helpful in your search.
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Oct 12, 2007, 12:46 PM
    I'm teaching similar stuff to 7th graders, and what I'm using is called "Character Education, Secondary Edition." I was looking for a website to direct you to, but can't find one right now.

It's published by an outfit called The MASTER Teacher, Inc. out of Kansas, it appears. You might Google them and see what pops up.

I'll look around a bit more when I get a chance.
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
    I did find this on The Master Teacher -
    The MASTER Teacher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Origin of a Cultural Trait [ 3 Answers ]

We occasionally observe in TV newscasts that when the audience applauds dignitaries (or speakers who have just finished a speech) from countries like Russia or China, the dignitarie/speakers too join in the applause by clapping their hands. There must be some idea behind this cultural trait. The...

Countries with most cultural monuments [ 2 Answers ]

What are the countries with the most cultural monuments?:cool:

Long distance, cross-cultural relationship [ 12 Answers ]

I have just broken off a relationship with a man (34 yrs, I'm 28) who I love dearly because I am afraid that it will not work. We met on vacation last Spring in his country, Morocco. Sparks flew, he is gentle and kind and we fell hard. I was never the type to believe that long distance...

Love her but our relationship is toxic. Cultural difference [ 25 Answers ]

Here it goes. I met my present girlfriend through a nurse that came to take care of my dad. My girlfriend is Korean and I am Italian American born in Italy but feel completely American. We love each other, we did from the beginning and do now. The problems started when she asked me if we can hurry...

View more questions Search