Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmymerz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Replacing a moen cartridge
    How do I remove the old cartridge from the faucet assembly??
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 09:32 AM
    If it's the one I am thinking, remove faucet, slide little clip out of the side, and pull out.
    You will need a puller.
    I used to borrow one from supply house, then bought one. Local Plumbing Supply should have tool for $10-$15.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 7, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Unless the cartridge's stuck you won't need a cartridge puller. For instructions on changing a Moen cartridge click on; Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge
    More questions? I'm as close as a click. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Moen tub faucet cartridge [ 14 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have a single handle Moen tub faucet that I'm trying to do some work on. A little description first. My bathtub faucet is teardrop shaped with the point of the teardrop pointing towards the floor. So when looking at it the writing is actually upside down. So to turn on the water...

Moen cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my one handle shower cartridge by moen. This was not easy and had to break it apart to remove. I put a new one in and there was no pressure. I changed this one and got very little improvement. I had great pressure before it was just leaking any ideas??

Moen Cartridge Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Tvdave New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 0 Moen shower cartridge I've read your responses to several folks concerning the Moen single handle shower cartridge and appreciate all the good information. I take it that since I am getting hot water to my sink and no hot water...

Drainage from cartridge stem [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had the cartridge replaced in my shower to fix a leak. The leak is gone, but after taking a shower, water drains out of the tip of the cartridge stem. I verified this by temporarily sealing the shower head. When covered, water stops draining from the cartidge stem and continues when...

Remove shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower control, about 20 years old, no model number evident. The flow, both hot and cold, seems to have gradually diminished. The handle freely moves to both extremes as well as off-on. I tried to remove the cartridge to look for a clog, but couldn't figure out how. I was able to...

View more questions Search