Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpsullivan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Business License
    If a person is conducting business without a business license or filing taxes on the proceeds, and has charged an outrageous charge to do auto work, how do you report the fraud?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 7, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Call the city, town, state, where the business is located, tell them u don't think they have a license, they will appreciate your doing their work for them ! And then call the IRS, they will also appreciate the help and you may get a reward for reporting it ! But I'd be sure of my facts, it's just not fair to get someone in trouble without first confronting them. Finally, it's probably not illegal to charge an outraageous price, just not good for you to agree to pay it !
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Hello bp:

If he cheated you why don't you just sue him?

However, you have no idea whether he pays taxes or has the proper licenses, do you? You just want to cause him trouble. Didn't he give you an estimate BEFORE he began the work?? If he didn't, then you can sue him. If he did, and you just don't like it, you should just walk away and do business better the next time. But, you won't will you?? It's going to be THEIR fault, no matter what. I know what kind of person you are.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Not having the business license or paying taxes is the crime back into itself and is not fraud, it is its own crime. You can sue them if they cheat you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business License In The UK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend and I are looking at starting up a web site to sell comic books, manga and anime. The plan is to start with a web site and hopefully one day expand into owning a store of our own. I've just been looking over some wholesalers and a lot of them want... Now we...

Operating without a business license [ 2 Answers ]

Can a company subcontract out to a "business" that has no business license legally?

Business license [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to start my own business on clothing & accessories what do I need because I got some information on line but it was kind of confusing it had a lot of options to purchase this and that can anybody with business experience help me I want to start at my home and later get my own place...

How can I get my business license [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I need to apply my business license for my new corporation? Is everyone know how to get it by myself? Thanks!:confused:

Business License [ 1 Answers ]

How do I obtain a license for a cleaning business?

View more questions Search