Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Wireless Keyboard/Mouse stops screensaver
    I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A on a Windows XP computer with IntelliType and IntelliPoint 5.2 installed for drivers. Whenever I plug in the wireless receiver (there is only the one for the two devices) the screensaver will not come on. I have tried plugging the receiver into a different computer and I do not have the same problem. I have plugged different keyboards into the problematic computer and do not have the same problem. I have clicked preview in the screensaver options and that works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2005, 09:37 PM
    Solution
    OK here's where I got. I went through MSCONFIG and turned off everything in the startup and that solved my problem. I then went through and turned everything on one thing at a time and found that as soon as I turned on the Power DVD software it started having the problem again. I don't know why that software didn't want to work with that keyboard but it didn't so I just left it off. DVDs still play so I think that will do me.
    edmaedma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I have the same problem, I found the PDVD driver and the Keyboard's driver is crashed first uninstall the PDVD then the screensaver will work normally

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Labtec Wireless Keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My keyboard was just working and now my scroll lock button won't work (I use it to switch computer using one monitor). Is there something I touched or is the scroll lock button not broken? Help, I just got it. I remember it doing the same thing the first day I was using it, but them it started to...

Installing wireless mouse & num keypad [ 11 Answers ]

I have a compaq evi n610c, secondhand, but it doesn't recognize the USB wireless mouse. I'm not sure what I need to do. Any ideas?

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Pack [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse pack and it just does not seem to work. It operates perfectly in Microsoft word or open office or indeed anything except games. While playing Battlefield 2 or GTA:San Andreas it will seem to drop it's signal. While running the character will all of...

View more questions Search