Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GAZZZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2005, 03:36 PM
    New double sink
    I just installed a new double bowl sink and have a problem. When there is water in both bowls, it drains very slowly. Water in just one bowl OK. One thing I did not do was add a tail piece to the trap before attaching the 'double' drain pipe. Could it be that there is not enough length from the trap bottom to the curve of the drain or could it be something else? :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 17, 2005, 04:21 PM
    Hey Gazzzz,

When you drain from just one tub the other tub acts as a vent allowing the water to drain freely. However, when both tubs are full and you try to drain them both it has nowhere to vent and will not drain as fast as suction holds it back. This is normal and not too much to worry about. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double Sink and Width of Sink Base [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE. My...

Replacing Sink Base, need a double sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE....

No running water in one sink of double vanity [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an original (1990) builder-grade double vanity in my master bath. One sink works perfectly, the other sink will not run water. I checked the shut-off valves under the sink, they seem fine. There was no reason for them to have been turned off anyway, I was just making sure. ...

Kitchen double sink backfilling [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently the kitchen sink has been filling up through the drain on both sides of the double sink whenever water is ran (starts immediately after water is ran). It is really bad whenever the dishwasher or garbage disposal is used. The water rising up into the sink is also filled with little...

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

View more questions Search