Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a2552 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Child masturbation
    :confused: My 11 year old stepdaughter asked my 12 year old daughter, what does she do when she feels horny? My daughter, confused hadn't ever thought about it... she responded, I don’t know I guess I go to sleep thinking of the boy I like. My stepdaughter answered, well I hump my pillow or finger myself.
    I have to confess that since I was little I can remember that I did masturbate but NEVER let anybody see me nor did I tell anybody... Now what worries me is the fingering part and why she is telling. My question is, is that normal?? She has some other unusual behaviors like she lied, about six months ago, saying she got her menstruation and then used tampons which, seems to me, a bit unusual for an 11 year old. She has low self esteem and granted, her weight can contribute to it but she refuses to do anything about it. She continually lies, she does not have a lot of friends and she wants to wear make up. She says she is planning on having sex at 15. Please help me with information so I can help her.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Oct 6, 2007, 09:48 PM
    I would counsel this girl before her negative behaviour influence your daughter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Many ( and read some of our posts here) many girls at 11 and 12 are very sexually active. So it is time to have some serious talks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 10:18 PM
    I would definitely get her into the care of a professional counselor. It also sounds like she really needs attention. Perhaps she could become involved in some group activities that could help her to not be so self-absorbed?
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Oct 7, 2007, 07:27 AM
    OK, she's 11. She probably doesn't realise she's being self absorbed, she's not a teenager, she's still a kid, chances are at that age most children think the world revolves around them. She'll grow out of it, but if you want to make her less self absorbed speak to her yourself, it would be more valuable to do this than send her to a counsellor.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Hello a:

From what you've described, I think you have a perfectly normal daughter who's going through a tough time in life (puberty). Counseling wouldn't hurt anybody, but I think you need to talk to her and lighten up.

excon
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
    I agree with Excon, this is normal but you need to talk about privacy and tell her if she needs to talk... she can come to you. Talk talk talk... make sure you are open enough for her to talk to you... (her level, not yours) Giving advice on your level is good but I have to say when you are listening and just talking about intimate things you have to remember her age! Good luck and lot's of hugs and TALKING!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Childhood masturbation [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am concerned mom of a otherwise healthy 7 year old. She is generally a happy and talkative child, prone to dwelling and quite a thinker. Our problem began a few days ago when she was upset and mentioned an incident with a little boy ( 5- 6 yrs) in our neighbourhood who had come up to her...

Child masturbation? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi! I have a six year old daughter in the first grade. I have noticed in the past few months what appears to be her masturbating. She has her hand between her legs and she rocks back and forth. I tried not to freak out, because I did not want to make a big deal about it. I just told her that if...

STRANGE Masturbation [ 6 Answers ]

I am 18 and still a virgin and still live with my parents. Whenever I am alone at the house or even when everyone is sleeping all I think about is masturbating. I am a very beautiful girl but just not ready for sex yet, but when I think about it or even watch a movie with a couple having sex it is...

Childhood masturbation [ 0 Answers ]

I am a school counselor and am trying to learn more about a situation we have at school with one of our 3rd graders. For the past two years, since she was in 1st grade, she has masturbated in the classroom. It has steadily grown worse over time, and now seems to be almost compulsive. Her brother...

View more questions Search