Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 6, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Baby moving
    I have heard many people say that when you first feel the baby move it feels like a flutter that takes your breath away. I keep trying to concentrate to see if I can feel the baby move but I don't know if I have really felt the baby or not. Sometimes I feel kind of a thumping. Sort of like when you hit your finger and all the blood rushes to your hand and you almost feel your heart beating in your finger. However, the thumping isn't that strong. Also, sometimes I feel like my stomach is sort of growling yet it is different from a hunger growl and I know it isn't a hunger growl. It only last for a second and sometimes goes from one side to the other. The feelings are hard to explain, but I am trying my best.
    I am just curious if this is the baby moving or just my imagination. Will I know for sure that it is the baby moving when I feel it? And what can I expect to feel? I am just really anxious to feel the baby moving because then it seems like it will become so much more real.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 06:08 PM
    How far along are you?

I've always heard people say it feels like a flutter... it didn't feel that way to me.

When I was pregnant it felt almost like a muscle twitch/spasm... like that feeling when you are lying still and your leg muscle starts twitching by itself... it felt like that to me.
    Very similar to what you are describing... like a thump.

I never felt flutters.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 6, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I am 19 weeks. Yeah, it does feel kind of like a twitch or a thump. It is a strange feeling. I also feel it in different places so I don't think it is a muscle spasm.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 10:11 PM
    I always thought it felt kind of like a thumping. Something like someone pushing into the back of your seat or something.. Often it felt like when you go over a hill and your stomach flips for a second. The movements are so hard to describe. I think though, that you are probably feeling the baby.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
    I did not feel strong movements till I was well past 20 weeks... maybe 24. I don't remember too well. It drove me crazy... I went to then dr at least once about it. Once I started feeling movement it really was simple. I felt someone moving inside me. To me, it is more like poking and turning then fluttering.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
    I always thought it felt like a light thumping also. I started feeling my baby around 18 weeks. What you should do tonight is drink a glass of cold water or juice and lay down for about an hour. That usually gets my baby moving. So if you feel something you'll know
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 05:17 PM
    My first one didn't move much at all. I was well along before feeling him. My daughter quickened at 16 weeks. She tickled me and I would laugh out loud!
    ashybaby87 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 11:00 PM
    I'm now 23 weeks & 2 days along & I feel her kick a LOT. I first felt her about when I was around 11weeks. Just small flutters, it kind of reminded me of the way it feels when you have gas bubbles in your stomach. Except well I didn't have gas. It's something that you'll feel & KNOW it's him/her moving. But now I'm able to actually SEE where she moves sometimes which started to be noticed around 20 weeks for me.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 01:50 AM
    It's some time ago now but when mine first moved it was like a tickle and it made me laugh out loud, took a few seconds for me to realise what it was. I think you are feeling your baby moving and it will get stronger as time goes on then you will have no doubt that it is the baby moving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When do you normally feel the baby moving for the first time? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about 8 weeks pregnant with my first.. and I am just wondering when the first sign of the baby moving would be felt. Everyone Ive asked has said around 3 months they felt their baby move.. which I am in the last week of the second month

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

Moving out [ 9 Answers ]

The lease I am on currently is up at the end of January, and after turning in the written notice, I received a note from the management company that for January I will owe a "prorated" rent amount higher than what is stated in the lease agreement. I turned in my written notice the required 60 days...

View more questions Search