Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    termina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Dryer Maytag Gas Heat Does Not Work
    It's a Maytag gas dryer #LDG7304AAE. I replaced the belt.
    When I put is back on, the heat does not work.
    Gas line is open, vent is open, blower works. Timer works
    And I did run it for 10 minutes in the hope it might start up later.
    No success.:confused:
    maya07 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by termina
    Its a Maytag gas dryer #LDG7304AAE. I replaced the belt.
    When I put is back on, the heat does not work.
    Gas line is open, vent is open, blower works. Timer works
    and I did run it for 10 minutes in the hope it might start up later.
    No success.:confused:
    Was the unit heating before you replaced the belt? If so you most likely
    are looking for a wire that is not connected somewhere inside the cabinet of the machine
    where you were working. Check that all of the thermostats have wires connected, and
    look around the gas valve area. Retrace your steps and you should be able to fix.

X-Sears Technician

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag gas dryer [ 7 Answers ]

Dryer doesn't start up. Pushing the start button makes the normal "start" sound, but does actually start dryer. My wife did this the first time it stopped working. She stated that she could smell an "electrical smell". Where do I start?

Maytag gas dryer heat shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

My Maytag gas dryer, model DG412 starts normally when cold. After about 20 minutes, the burner shuts down while the drum continues to turn. The burner will not re-light until the dryer has cooled down for a few minutes. The longer it cools before re-lighting, the longer it runs before shutting...

Maytag gas dryer, replacing gas valve coils [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My Maytag gas dryer's igniter glows but then no flame appears. I believe it is the gas valve coils that are bad, so I purchased a replacement kit (3 coils). The instructions say to match the colors of the wires, but my replacement kit has red, black, white...

Maytag Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the usual reason why a 1996 Maytag gas dryer doesn't heat properly. It seems to finally start getting warmer near the end of a long long cycle on Regualr heat, timed drying (or any of the other cycle choices)

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

View more questions Search