Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmeistrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Kooking up a dvr and cable box
    I have just gotten a DVR from Time Warner and they have no instructions on hooking it up. I am hookingmy cable box, dvr, and TV up and have no clue as to where to start.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Try this: Monster Cable Connection Guide - Home
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 6, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Greetings,

Not knowing your exact environment, I'll still take a stab at it.

Keep the Signal IN to the cable control box. Signal out would go to the Signal IN of the DVR. Signal out of the DVR goes to Signal In of the TV,

Depending on whether your TV will handle high level (Component signals [RGB]) which would change your connections somewhat. But the above will get you up and running.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Ok to add a cable to move breaker box? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm faced with moving a breaker panel about 6-10 ft. Reason is that previous owners removed much of a termite eaten load bearing beam and posts and the house has started to sag. This looks to have happened 80-100 years ago. Then it was covered over and the breaker panel was installed to one of the...

Philips 3400 DVD Recorder + Comcast Cable/DVR + TV = connection woes [ 5 Answers ]

Good evenining, everyone. I have recently purchased a Philips DVDR3400 recorder to go with my Vizio HDTV and Comcast Cable/DVR, and for the life of me I can't get the connections to work. I bought the Philips 3400 specifically because it had an HDMI output connection (assuming this would give...

DVD recorder set up to record from a DVR-Cable receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to get some help with setting up a DVD recorder to a DVR. The set up we have includes a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES25, Onkyo AV Receiver HT-S790, Panasonic TV TH-50PX60U and a Motorola BMC9012 DVR-Cable receiver. Currently set up as cable input to the DVR, with component cables out...

Hooking DVD recorder and HD cable box together [ 7 Answers ]

This is over my head. I have Hitachi HDTV and a HDTV Cable box Explorer 8300. The cable line from the wall goes into the cable box and then red, green, & blue wires go from Out 1 to input 3 on the back of the TV. Also there are additional red & white wires that go from Out 2 to Input 3 on the...

View more questions Search