Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 17, 2005, 08:14 AM
    Smelly sink
    My basement sink and dishwasher suddenly are smelling horrible. I've used clog removers, baking soda, and anything else you could think of, but it still stinks, I took out the trap to see if there was any crap in stuck in it, but it was clean. Can anyone suggest something?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 17, 2005, 02:49 PM
    Did you check the vent for the sink to br sure it wasn't blocked? If it wereblocked thereap seal could become lowered to the point of allowing sewer gas to escape. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly house [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house about a year ago that other than a strong smell seemed perfect. I asked the person selling the house what the odor was and they assured me that it was only from a mixture of chemicals used to paint, clean, and strip. This seemed reasonable because the floors, carpets, and...

Smelly drains [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried draino and also the bleach techniqe however neither of them works but in addition to the shower whenever I flush my toilet I get the same odor.I live in a basement and while I am not sure what the technical terms are I think I have a direct vent to the sewer in my bathroom so there is no...

Smelly sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

When I first start using the sink sprayer, it emits a foul, rotten egg like smell for about the first 10-15 seconds. The house is less than 3 years old. We are the only owners. When I let up off the sprayer, there is no "kickback" like I have experienced with other sprayers. Any ideas? Thanks,...

Smelly bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

I keep my bathroom extremely clean. It's a full bath, regular size with bathtub. I clean everyday and I am the only user. However, about a month ago until now, I smell urine from the toilet area, every time I enter the bathroom. Each time I use, I clean with Clorox again, and the next time I enter...

Smelly sink-dont use boiling water!Bad advice [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I just tried a method of getting rid of a smelly bathroom sink by adding 1/2 gal of bleach, letting it sit overnite, and then flushing it with boiling water. To my surprise and total dissapointment, my $500 pedestal sink cracked in half due to the hot water! No one ever mentioned anything about...

View more questions Search