Anyone know the name of this plant?

Urgent, thanks!
    benhatty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 07:13 AM

Heather I think
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 08:55 PM

It is not heather. That is pampas grass, or closely related to it. It is an invasive exotic--one that spreads everywhere and takes over. They are native to Argentina.

Cortaderia selloana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whoops! I just saw that the op was from 2005! I guess it's not urgent anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plant care [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three year old peace lily. The last couple of weeks the leaves have been droopy and even after watering and fertilizing, the leaves still remain droopy. I have checked for spider mites and checked the pot to see if the plant is root bound or has root rot but neither seem to be occurring. ...

Help identifying a plant... [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that it might be an African Euphorbia of some kind. Is that right? (the leaves are flat, not bulbous) http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3012/cactus4cb.jpg

Plant biology [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please explain the structure and function of the various parts of plants, especially in angiosperms with particular reference to the xylem end phloem Thank you :)

Plant Roots [ 1 Answers ]

Distinguish between primary and secondary growth in roots.

Grass like plant [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn has died and I am looking for a grass like plant which does not require watering but instead gets the moisture from the humid air. I live in south Florida and the plant/grass should grow a year round. It should also be able to handle direct sunlight staying green. Would you have any...

View more questions Search