Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lfcrule94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 09:12 AM
    This is quite rude in fact.. however I can't see that in this situation that it was intentional. Perhaps a better way to organse tihngs if you were ever in this situation would be to make sure you are specific about the evening and dinner plans and how they work around everybody else.. after everyone you have invited is clear on what to expect you can then set a time and date to have a great time.
    Hope this helps.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Oct 17, 2008, 09:32 PM

Okay, I would have done something like this...

OMG, I did not know we were having dinner! I thought you just said wings and drinks. My bad. Oh well, better late than never. Oh waitress...

At this point your "inviters" would be faced with the embarrassing task of fessing up that you were not invited for the dinner portion of the evening, just the after dinner drinks, etc.

Yeah, this is an immature approach but it beats harboring resentful feelings. I say put them on the spot, then when they have to say it out loud, they can't help but see how rude that was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be rude not to attend party? [ 13 Answers ]

Just got invited to a surprise party to celebrate the milestone birthday (40!) of a friend of mine. My former friend is also invited and is going. I really don't want to run into her. My husband says it's rude because I saw her at school all the time and we talked, I am just not in the mood to deal...

Rude to take a cookie? [ 21 Answers ]

When I am invited to my cousin's home for holiday dinner, she always bakes large quantities of numerous desserts. The desserts are usually sitting out on a counter for a few hours before dinner. For many years I have always 'sneaked' one cookie before dinner. I do this in view of my cousin, who...

Rude lawyer [ 15 Answers ]

Okay, I got into a car accident a little while ago and had a lawyer who told me I could fire him at any time, now he is coming at me saying I owe him 1,100 dollars. I fired him because this happened in march and in oct I still had not heard back from him, I left message after message. When I told...

Rude Neighbors [ 6 Answers ]

Help! I have neighbors who continuously invite themselves over to gatherings I have at my house, or gatherings my neighbors have (where we've been invited). This has been going on for 2-3 years now! We've just become close to neighbors on the other side of their house, and if we're over there,...

View more questions Search