Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loriz Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2005, 10:14 AM
    Aurora Popup
    :confused: OK Guys here's the deal...
    I had some serious malware attacks and with your help got all but one. I downloaded Adware Away (great little program for those hard to reach bugz)
    This is what it is telling me...

Found
    Aurora Popup Adware-
    RegistryValue:HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run\3c1807pd

This is my Modem exe. How do I rid the bug without deleting this file?

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2005, 11:15 AM
    If you know exactly what the application belongs to and need it, your antispyware program should give you the option of ignoring it or keeping it. I have a few of them myself, they call it 'potentially unwanted programs' and when they show on the list I just unckeck them and click continue. If that does not work, try closing, without the delete or quarentine feature. Cood Luck.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 16, 2005, 11:26 AM
    Do a search for Aurora removal (you'll find a lot of suggestions), but don't use "mypctuneup", they are the people responsible for this in the first place, their removal works but puts other junk on your system!

Apparently webroot's spy sweeper gets rid of this one, but I can't personally vouch for it (just from browsing).

http://www.webroot.com/consumer?rc=2...1&wt.mc_id=417

Just install the 30 day trial.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu
    do a search for Aurora removal (you'll find a lot of suggestions), but don't use "mypctuneup", they are the people responsible for this in the first place, their removal works but puts other junk on your system!

Apparently webroot's spy sweeper gets rid of this one, but I can't personally vouch for it (just from browsing).

http://www.webroot.com/consumer?rc=2...1&wt.mc_id=417

Just install the 30 day trial.
    I am currently using spysweeper, but will switch to a free app. It did locate aurora, but when I told it to delete it, it 'suggested' that I go in and delete the file myself. I did. Then I ran my Registry Mechanic and it took care of the remaining job of clearing the crap from the registry. So I guess it's trial and error time for us all one way or the other. Thanks for the above warning.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2005, 03:38 AM
    Aurora
    Hi,
    You really have a "nasty" there in your computer.
    There are "buy" programs that will rid your computer of it, or, here is a link as to how to get rid of it. It is involved!
    If you go to the link, just scroll down to the heading "Clarification of July 31"; you don't have to run the HighJack This part.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=550004

It means downloading and running other programs as well.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frameless Popup For Flash MX [ 8 Answers ]

How do I create a frameless popup window for/in flash MX? (e.g. no titlebar, statusbar, etc). I need to know how (as in what to type into a buttons properties) to open up an internet browser popup window (but frameless/containerless) to a URL. Thanks!:)

PopUp Window on Task Bar, ONLY [ 2 Answers ]

Every so often I get this blue bordered window on my task bar that is white or blank inside, if you will, with no description. It loads quickly than goes. Now I do NOT get any corresponding window on my desk top just on the task bar and my computer stops while this thing loads for the two seconds...

Need help getting rid of popup ads. [ 7 Answers ]

:( I'm a new member and have joined out of hope and desperation. For some reason, I keep getting pop up ads that seem to be Internet Explorer related - and they are coming up even when I'm offline. One (the worst) is http://dnaads.com - but several others have made an appearance. Sometimes, this...

Download trojan from hell, aurora popup etc [ 1 Answers ]

That would be me asking for all the help and may I say you all came through for me (I am not surprised) Anyway my poor computer got all jacked up and I decided to get some help from the big guns, MICROSOFT! After all I bought their software (not cheap) I had lost faith until this day They are...

Aurora [ 2 Answers ]

Aurora if you recognize this name then you've probably been spamed to death by them also.I have tried unsuccessfully to locate any mention of this Company on any of the search engines, so I could e-mail them directly to stop the pop-ups. If you know how to get in touch with them or how to stop...

View more questions Search