Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronnyron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Remove and replace starter
    I need help on how to remove the starter on a 1995 Crown Victoria?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyron
    I need help on how to remove the starter on a 1995 Crown Victoria?
    1. Disconnect both battery cables.
    2. Raise and support the vehicle.
    3. Disconnect starter cable and push-on connector from starter solenoid. CAUTION : When disconnecting hard-shell connector, grasp the plastic shell and pull off. Do not pull on wire. Be careful to pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and the terminal. If any part of the connection is damaged, replace the damaged components to prevent no-start conditions.
    4. Remove upper mounting bolt.
    5. Remove lower mounting bolt and starter.
    6. Reinstall in the opposite order. Clean the cable terminals and the battery posts before reconnecting the battery.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 09:03 AM
    HEY CAPT> Rich- Very well put , step by step as should be done. Ronnyron- ;; Do the way as cap. Rich has told you and you will come out all right.:::: F.B.E. P.S. 9Always unhook the (neg. post first.) and hook up the same way,Elect. Flows from negative.to post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace starter rope on poulan pro sm400 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the starter rope on a Poulan Pro SM400 leaft blower. I have it apart but since the old rope broke off, I don't know how to attach the new one to the wheel. Thank You Carl

How to replace starter for 2001 civic ex? [ 1 Answers ]

My civic won't start and I'm getting a majority of votes on bad starter. Here's a little video of what it sounds like when I try to start it. YouTube - my car broke Can anybody give me a detailed instruction on how to replace the starter, or the starter solenoid? Please note that I'm car...

Replace starter in a 1995 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the starter in a 1995 Honda Civic?

How to replace starter rope on snapper weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Snapper weedeater model #S31sngbc could someone tell me how to replace the starter rope I have most every thing apart but there is still a housing around the pully!!

View more questions Search