Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junereed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 06:10 AM
    I have not had a bank account in seven years. I am afraid to open a PERSONAL checking account because seven years ago my CORPORATE account was levied to pay a creditor.

I am now retired and have no income other than social security.

How can I find out if I am in danger of being levied now?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2007, 06:13 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Was the creditor paid in full? You can check the court that issued to the judgement to see if its still in force.

But if your only income is from SS you can open the account and give your bank a letter stating that is your only source of income and all funds depositied will be exempt. So if an attachment order is received they will not honor it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Acct. Help [ 1 Answers ]

A machine that cost $36,000 and on which $26,000 of accumulated depreciaion had been recorded was sold for $10,400 cash. Record the journal entries that are necessary to account for this transaction. [email protected] with any help please.

Managerial acct. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I took a quiz and got some answers on it wrong and don't know what the correct answers should be... I was wondering if someone could help. Thanks! Question 1: Stench food company uses a standard cost system to collect costs related to the production of its garlic flavored yogurt. The...

Managerial acct. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm working on some practice problems and I'm not sure exactly how to do them... here's what I've come up w/, but I don't know if I'm on the right track: Problem 1: Paradise Company budgets on an annual basis for its fiscal year. The following beginning and ending inventory levels (in units)...

Managerial acct. [ 4 Answers ]

hi, I have two questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me with! Thanks Question 1: The contribution margin ratio is 30% for the Honeyville Company and the break-even point in sales is $150,000. If the company's target net operating income is $60,000, sales would have to be: Question 2:...

View more questions Search