Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Islam in the USA
    Will the intra-Islamic divisions lead to Sunni-Shia violent confrontation in the USA ?

The American Spectator
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 05:33 AM
    I think too many will be as with other US citiznes, while they practice their faith, the actual freedoms allowed in America normally weaken most religious faiths and there is not the blind devotion you would see in nations where religions control more of the daily life.

Also I believe their joint hatred for the US in general, will give them a more common emeny for a while anyway.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Will the intra-Islamic divisions lead to Sunni-Shia violent confrontation in the USA ?

The American Spectator
    I am not too sure on political subjects and/or USA.

I do know that if the leaders leading these youth are teaching them to fight/kill/maim other muslims or members of other faiths then I am sure these youngsters will follow their Sheikhs.

Here is what is mentioned in the Quran about division.
    Surah al-Imran (3:103):
    "And hold fast, all of you together, to the rope of Allah and be not divided."

Surah Al-Rum (30:32):
    "Those who split up their Religion, and become Sects, each sect exulting in its tenets."

Surah Al-An'am (6:159):
    "As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou has no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did."
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Oct 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I think muslims should try be well and organized and they need to be liberals all over the world. Well what is happening in our country in leading to bad impression and due to this shia-sunni violance they are ruining our nations rrepute and image internationally. Well his is not only an issue in USA alone.

REGRETS!
    superwario99 Posts: 8, Reputation: -2

Oct 18, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55

The American Spectator
    No islam is obedient religion, its just that the war in iraq is pressure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Islam [ 2 Answers ]

What events and figures have shaped the development of Islam in the United States?

Development of Islam in USA [ 3 Answers ]

What events and figures have shaped the development of Islam in the United States?

Usa and indian income for taxes in usa [ 2 Answers ]

Myself and my wife are green card holders .my son,a us citizen gifts us some shares which we sell from time to time and use proceeds for our personal expenses.This totals around $11000 for 2006. In addition myself and my wife have indian income mainly from dividend and interest and also income...

Islam in the US [ 2 Answers ]

Islam [ 14 Answers ]

I am in a World REligion class in college and the professor says that the religion of Islam is actually a peaceful religion. However, many of my classmates argue that it is terroristic in nature because of their belief in martyrdom(?). You know the saying "Kill the infadels." This seems to...

View more questions Search